(Above: ‘The Hunger Games’ from Lionsgate. Source: YouTube video)
Lionsgate has teamed with Fandango and YouTube to stream four of its marquee films for free – The Hunger Games, Dirty Dancing, La La Land and John Wick. In the process, viewers will be able to support film industry workers impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic.
“Lionsgate Live! A Night at the Movies” will show one movie on four successive Fridays, at 9 pm ET, starting with The Hunger Games this April 17. Games and the other three films will be viewable on Lionsgate’s YouTube page or Fandango’s Movieclips YouTube page.
Host Jamie Lee Curtis will be joined by yet-to-be-announced celebrities and YouTube personalities, and each showing will enable fans to interact live via YouTube Live, Twitter, and other platforms.
Viewers will also be able to donate to the Will Rogers Motion Picture Pioneers Foundation, an organization dedicated to helping workers throughout the motion picture industry who have been adversely affected by the Covid-19 crisis. For more information, visit wrpioneers.org/covid19.
- ‘Dead’ Profiles and More - July 14, 2021
- Kratts, Dogs, Wild Museums - July 12, 2021
- Troubled in Paradise - July 9, 2021
- More U.S. Viewers Cut the Cord - July 7, 2021
- Binge July 4th TV - July 2, 2021
- Binge ‘Hamilton’ and More - July 1, 2021
- ‘Twilight Zone’ Holiday - June 30, 2021
- ‘Innocent’ Anthology Returns - June 23, 2021
- South Asian Streamer Launches - June 21, 2021
- Apple TV+ Gets ‘Physical’ - June 16, 2021