(Photo: Dan Gellert and Ma Crow in ‘The Mountain Minor’)
The Mountain Minor, a drama featuring a soundtrack full of old-timey mountain music, has debuted on Amazon Prime. Non-subscribers can rent it for $5.99 from Amazon or Vimeo.
Banjo player/fiddler Dan Gellert plays Charlie, who migrated from Appalachia to Ohio as a child during the Great Depression and now wants to return to his childhood home – but not before passing on his musical heritage to his grandchildren. The cast also includes musicians Ma Crow, Elizabeth LaPrelle, the Tillers and Trevor McKenzie.
The Mountain Minor is based loosely on writer/director Dale Farmer’s own grandparents, who moved from Eastern Kentucky to Ohio when they were children.
For more info, visit TheMountainMinorMovie.com.
2020, incidentally, marks the 20th anniversary of a far less serious movie — the Coen Brothers’ O Brother, Where Art Thou? — whose old timey folk soundtrack became a bonafide hit. You can rent it starting at $2.99 from various providers.
- Peacock Struts on JustWatch - June 11, 2021
- ‘Kevin Can F**k Himself’ - June 10, 2021
- IMDb TV’s ‘Timewasters’ - June 10, 2021
- Streamfire Channels Up - June 9, 2021
- Death, Afterlife, Healing - June 8, 2021
- Russians vs Cults on MHz - June 8, 2021
- Menachem Begin Documentary - June 4, 2021
- ‘Lisey’s Story’ Friday - June 3, 2021
- See Two Sides of Brazil - June 2, 2021
- A Month of Asteroid Day TV - June 1, 2021