(Above: ‘The Stranger’ on Quibi. Source: YouTube video)
Quibi, the recently launched subscription streamer specializing in episodes 10 minutes and less, will premiere three series today, April 13: The Stranger (a thriller), Agua Donkeys (a slacker comedy), and Fight Like a Girl (a personal-transformation reality show from the WWE).
Clare (Maika Monroe) is a rideshare driver who wishes she never picked up a sociopathic customer Carl (ZeroZeroZero’s Dane DeHaan).
MP Cunningham and Jeremy Jackson star as employees of the Agua Donkeys, a pool cleaning company in Utah. For these two mellow dudes, fringe benefits include pursuing the perfect tan and chilling.
Fight Like a Girl
In each episode, Stephanie McMahon pairs a WWE Superstar with a young woman struggling with a personal issue. The wrestlers help their charges “become tougher, stronger and healthier versions of their former selves inside and out.” The WWE life coaches include Sasha Banks, Brie Bella, Nikki Bella, Alexa Bliss, Sonya Deville, Charlotte Flair, Nia Jax, Becky Lynch and Natalya.
The series is produced by WWE Studios and Critical Content.
How to watch Quibi
Quibi costs $4.99 monthly with ads and $7.99 without ads. If you download and subscribe before April 30, you will get a 90-day free trial rather than a two-week one. For more info and to subscribe, visit Quibi.com.
- Ultimate Shakespeare Binge - May 22, 2020
- ‘Homecoming’ Returns - May 22, 2020
- Guilty Pleasure Alert - May 21, 2020
- Soviet Gulag Drama - May 21, 2020
- No Place Like ‘Little House’ - May 20, 2020
- Political ‘Scandal’ on Hulu - May 20, 2020
- ‘Sleeping with Friends’ - May 19, 2020
- Psychological ‘Penance’ - May 19, 2020
- Macabre Portraiture - May 18, 2020
- ’68 Whiskey’ Bender - May 18, 2020