(Above: Ken Jennings in ‘The Gospel of John.’ Source: YouTube video)
Starting Holy Saturday, April 11, at 4 pm ET through Easter Monday, a 90-minute solo performance of The Gospel of John by Broadway actor Ken Jennings will be available to stream free on the Sheen Center’s YouTube channel.
Jennings, who has appeared in Sweeney Todd and Grand Hotel, among other productions, presents the eyewitness account of John’s life with Jesus, “as it may originally have been proclaimed.”
Directed by John Pietrowski, The Gospel of John was recorded in January at The Sheen Center for Thought & Culture in New York City.
“Memorizing The Gospel of John was a spiritual practice during a difficult time in my life,” said Jennings, who also conceived the show. “I’ve always had an affinity for John, which seems to be a truly firsthand narrative by a man who was actually there.”
For more information, visit sheencenter.org/shows/gospelofjohn.
- ‘Dead’ Profiles and More - July 14, 2021
- Kratts, Dogs, Wild Museums - July 12, 2021
- Troubled in Paradise - July 9, 2021
- More U.S. Viewers Cut the Cord - July 7, 2021
- Binge July 4th TV - July 2, 2021
- Binge ‘Hamilton’ and More - July 1, 2021
- ‘Twilight Zone’ Holiday - June 30, 2021
- ‘Innocent’ Anthology Returns - June 23, 2021
- South Asian Streamer Launches - June 21, 2021
- Apple TV+ Gets ‘Physical’ - June 16, 2021