(Above: Ken Jennings in ‘The Gospel of John.’ Source: YouTube video)
Starting Holy Saturday, April 11, at 4 pm ET through Easter Monday, a 90-minute solo performance of The Gospel of John by Broadway actor Ken Jennings will be available to stream free on the Sheen Center’s YouTube channel.
Jennings, who has appeared in Sweeney Todd and Grand Hotel, among other productions, presents the eyewitness account of John’s life with Jesus, “as it may originally have been proclaimed.”
Directed by John Pietrowski, The Gospel of John was recorded in January at The Sheen Center for Thought & Culture in New York City.
“Memorizing The Gospel of John was a spiritual practice during a difficult time in my life,” said Jennings, who also conceived the show. “I’ve always had an affinity for John, which seems to be a truly firsthand narrative by a man who was actually there.”
For more information, visit sheencenter.org/shows/gospelofjohn.
- Father & Son Serial Killers? - May 17, 2021
- Epic Flight to Freedom - May 14, 2021
- Wanda Sykes’ Netflix Sitcom - May 12, 2021
- Live Longer and Prosper - May 10, 2021
- Drug-Addled ET on Shudder - May 7, 2021
- Pluto TV En Español - May 5, 2021
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021