(Above: Mary Mattison and Justin Mortelliti. Source: Vimeo video)
Streaming Musicals will debut Pride & Prejudice, a new musical based on Jane Austin’s novel about class and romance in 19th Century English society. It will stream this Friday, April 10, at 6:30 pm ET, with a rebroadcast at 10 pm ET.
You can watch the premiere for free at prideandprejudicepremiere.com. After that, the musical will be available to rent for $4.99.
Adapted by Tony Award nominee Paul Gordon, who previously wrote the music and lyrics for the Broadway production of Jane Eyre, Pride & Prejudice centers on spunky Elizabeth Bennet (Mary Mattison) and wealthy and stuffy Mr. Darcy (Justin Mortelliti). Mr. Darcy reluctantly falls for her, even though she is beneath his station. Will love overcome pride and prejudice?
The musical was recorded at TheatreWorks Silicon Valley in Palo Alto, CA, where it ran from December 4, 2019 to January 4, 2020. The production was directed by TheatreWorks’ Founding Artistic Director Robert Kelley and choreographed by Dottie Lester-White.
- ‘Dead’ Profiles and More - July 14, 2021
- Kratts, Dogs, Wild Museums - July 12, 2021
- Troubled in Paradise - July 9, 2021
- More U.S. Viewers Cut the Cord - July 7, 2021
- Binge July 4th TV - July 2, 2021
- Binge ‘Hamilton’ and More - July 1, 2021
- ‘Twilight Zone’ Holiday - June 30, 2021
- ‘Innocent’ Anthology Returns - June 23, 2021
- South Asian Streamer Launches - June 21, 2021
- Apple TV+ Gets ‘Physical’ - June 16, 2021