(Above: Alice Howell and Al St. John in ‘Shot in the Excitement.’ Source: SilentFilmMusic.com)
For the past two Sundays, we’ve found some much-needed diversion through the Silent Comedy Watch Party, consisting of live-streamed rare shorts with live piano accompaniment.
Each show, which gets underway at 3 pm ET, lasts under 90 minutes, allowing you to return quickly to more serious matters if necessary.
The shows are then archived on YouTube.
Episode one, which follows, consisted of three silents, starting off with a nice new discovery for us: Alice Howell, in the 12-minute Shot in the Excitement (1914).
Our favorite-from the four-film second episode also leads off the show: Fadeaway (1926), an eight-minute animated/live-action surreal romp starring Koko the Clown and animator Max Fleischer.
For now, let’s fade away…
(Above: Koko the Clown and the hand of Max Fleischer. Source: YouTube video)
- ‘It Can’t Happen Here’ - October 27, 2020
- Free ‘Riviera’ Season 1 - October 27, 2020
- Stream ‘White Noise’ - October 26, 2020
- ‘The Man Who Mends Women’ - October 26, 2020
- Sitcom Reunions Galore - October 23, 2020
- Baldwin vs. Buckley Redux - October 22, 2020
- Four Roads to Manderley - October 21, 2020
- Documenting The Struggle - October 21, 2020
- ‘Legally Blonde’ Reunion - October 20, 2020
- Star-Studded Fundraisers - October 20, 2020