(Photo: ‘Pandemic.’ Source: iMDB)
Mx Player, an ad-supported free streaming app that launched in North America last week, apparently knows what you’re craving right now: stories about triumphing over dire biological threats.
Pandemic, a 2007 Hallmark Channel mini-series focused on a bird flu that strikes Los Angeles, is one of the app’s highlighted titles right now. The two-part, three-hour title stars Tiffany Thiesen, Faye Dunaway, French Stewart, Eric Roberts, Bruce Boxleitner and Vincent Spano.
MX Player also features a “We Will Survive” collection with such movies as:
Isolation, a 2005 horror flick, about five people quarantined on an Irish farm when a generic experiment goes wrong.
Parts Per Billion, a 2014 sci-fi drama with the interwoven stories of three couples trying to find meaning in their lives amidst a biological disaster. The cast includes Frank Langella, Gena Rowlands, Rosario Dawson, Josh Hartnett and Alexis Bledel.
Embers, a 2015 sci-fi drama with five interwoven stories set after a global neurological epidemic. Starring Jason Ritter.
Antisocial, a 2013 Canadian horror flick about five friends celebrating New Year’s Eve while an epidemic erupts outside.
Other streaming options
All the films above are also available ad-free to Amazon Prime subscribers.
Pandemic can be rented for $6.99 from iTunes.
Getting MX Player
- Norwegian Drama Duo - July 19, 2021
- Chelsea Stardust Playlist - July 15, 2021
- ‘Schmigadoon!’/’Brigadoon’ - July 14, 2021
- Goode, Rhys, West, Purefoy - July 13, 2021
- Watch ‘Trick of the Witch’ - July 9, 2021
- Aristophanes’ ‘The Frogs’ - July 8, 2021
- JustWatch June Leaders - July 6, 2021
- ‘The Beast Must Die’ - July 2, 2021
- Netflix’s Beautiful Lover - July 1, 2021
- Somos.: Fact-Based Massacre - June 30, 2021