(Photo: ‘Pandemic.’ Source: iMDB)
Mx Player, an ad-supported free streaming app that launched in North America last week, apparently knows what you’re craving right now: stories about triumphing over dire biological threats.
Pandemic, a 2007 Hallmark Channel mini-series focused on a bird flu that strikes Los Angeles, is one of the app’s highlighted titles right now. The two-part, three-hour title stars Tiffany Thiesen, Faye Dunaway, French Stewart, Eric Roberts, Bruce Boxleitner and Vincent Spano.
MX Player also features a “We Will Survive” collection with such movies as:
Isolation, a 2005 horror flick, about five people quarantined on an Irish farm when a generic experiment goes wrong.
Parts Per Billion, a 2014 sci-fi drama with the interwoven stories of three couples trying to find meaning in their lives amidst a biological disaster. The cast includes Frank Langella, Gena Rowlands, Rosario Dawson, Josh Hartnett and Alexis Bledel.
Embers, a 2015 sci-fi drama with five interwoven stories set after a global neurological epidemic. Starring Jason Ritter.
Antisocial, a 2013 Canadian horror flick about five friends celebrating New Year’s Eve while an epidemic erupts outside.
Other streaming options
All the films above are also available ad-free to Amazon Prime subscribers.
Pandemic can be rented for $6.99 from iTunes.
Getting MX Player
- Emily Watson’s ‘Too Close’ - May 17, 2021
- The Red Rose of Mumbai? - May 14, 2021
- Rotten Tomatoes Channel - May 13, 2021
- 85 Years of Wavy Gravy - May 12, 2021
- We Clap for ‘Clipped’ - May 11, 2021
- A Canary Islands Thriller - May 11, 2021
- Guide to ‘Those Who Kill’ - May 10, 2021
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021