Music Never Sleeps NYC, a 24-hour event featuring more than 50 of the Big Apple’s most accomplished artists, kicks off tonight, March 27, 6 pm ET, on YouTube.
Notable performers include classical violinists Joshua Bell and Midori, multi-genre banjo player Béla Fleck, singer/songwriters Sarah Jarosz and Aoife O’Donovan, music director/conductor Ted Sperling, and singer/songwriter/mandolinist and host of public radio’s Live from Here Chris Thile.
NPR correspondent Nina Totenberg will also be on hand to introduce violinist Mira Wang and other students of her father, violinist Roman Totenberg.
Music Never Sleeps NYC is the brainchild of New York-based cellist Jan Vogler, who is artistic director of the Dresden Music Festival.
For a complete list of participants, visit musicneversleepsnyc.com/performers.
For more info, visit musicneversleepsnyc.com.
- Norwegian Drama Duo - July 19, 2021
- Chelsea Stardust Playlist - July 15, 2021
- ‘Schmigadoon!’/’Brigadoon’ - July 14, 2021
- Goode, Rhys, West, Purefoy - July 13, 2021
- Watch ‘Trick of the Witch’ - July 9, 2021
- Aristophanes’ ‘The Frogs’ - July 8, 2021
- JustWatch June Leaders - July 6, 2021
- ‘The Beast Must Die’ - July 2, 2021
- Netflix’s Beautiful Lover - July 1, 2021
- Somos.: Fact-Based Massacre - June 30, 2021