(Above: Dave Matthews. Source: YouTube video)
Dave Matthews will kick-off Verizon’s weekly Pay it Forward Live series with a free, 30-minute performance streamed from his home, tonight, March 26, at 8 pm ET.
Verizon said future episodes of Pay it Forward Live in the same Thursday timeslot will feature yet-to-be-named performers from music, comedy, gaming and other entertainment realms in support of businesses impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The telecom will donate $5 million to Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC), a national nonprofit investing in economic opportunities across America. LISC will use the funds to provide grants of up to $10,000 to troubled businesses, especially those that are minority owned and who don’t have access to affordable capital.
Pay it Forward Live viewers will also be encouraged to make advance purchases to help local businesses weather the crisis.
“Pay it Forward Live will give all Americans an opportunity to help their favorite small businesses survive this unprecedented hardship,” said Hans Vestberg, Chairman and CEO, Verizon.
Here’s Matthews performing a 23-minute solo gig for NPR Music’s Tiny Desk series in 2018:
- Father & Son Serial Killers? - May 17, 2021
- Epic Flight to Freedom - May 14, 2021
- Wanda Sykes’ Netflix Sitcom - May 12, 2021
- Live Longer and Prosper - May 10, 2021
- Drug-Addled ET on Shudder - May 7, 2021
- Pluto TV En Español - May 5, 2021
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021