(Above source: Piqsels)
The Tennessee Aquarium is permitting online viewers to watch its aquatic residents at play via live webcams.
Through the duration of its closure due to COVID-19, the aquarium will show 24/7 live video feeds – which we presume include feeding of its residents. The stars are otters in the Appalachia Cove Forest, penguins hanging out at Penguins’ Rock, and sharks, stingrays and other sea life swimming in the Secret Reef exhibit.
Also, some films that have screened in the Aquarium’s IMAX 3D Theater are available to view at home.
The following titles are produced by MacGillivray Freeman (several of the gorgeous slow-motion trailers look reassuringly Zen). You can watch the first – America’s Musical Journey – in its entirety, right here for free:
Other films include:
Humpback Whales. Rent for $1.99 on Vimeo.
Some selections include accompanying educator guides that can be accessed on the Tennessee Aquarium’s website.
- Send the Kids to ‘Camp TV’ - July 10, 2020
- Grown-up Animation - July 9, 2020
- NY Times Documentary Series - July 9, 2020
- Public Domain Horror - July 7, 2020
- A Streamer with Giddy-Up - July 6, 2020
- Binge July 4th TV - July 3, 2020
- Binge ‘Hamilton’ and More - July 2, 2020
- ‘Twilight Zone’ Holiday - July 2, 2020
- Olivia de Havilland Turns 104 - July 1, 2020
- Sheltered Filmmaking - June 30, 2020