(Photo: Rolf Lassgård in ‘The Hunters.’ Source: MHz Choice)
MHz Choice today debuts The Hunters, not to be confused with Amazon Prime’s recently launched Hunters (you can read our review of that series here).
In the Amazon series, Al Pacino plays Meyer Offerman, an Eastern European-accented Holocaust survivor leading a group of Nazi hunters in 1977 New York City. In the MHz series, Rolf Lassgård plays Erik Bäckström, a retired Swedish-accented Stockholm cop drawn into a mystery in Sweden’s modern-day far north.
Lassgård previously played the same character in two feature films — The Hunters (1996) and False Trail (2011), neither of which is available to stream in the US.
The Hunters ran originally on Scandinavian streamer C More in 2018 under its original title Jägarna. MHz, which says a second season is in production, will debut new episodes of the subtitled six-episode first season each Tuesday through April 21.
MHz Choice costs $7.99 monthly after a seven-day free trial. But you can get 50% off your first month by using the promo code NEWYEAR20 at checkout. For a device list, to learn what other subtitled international series are available, or to subscribe, visit mhzchoice.com.
- Norwegian Drama Duo - July 19, 2021
- Chelsea Stardust Playlist - July 15, 2021
- ‘Schmigadoon!’/’Brigadoon’ - July 14, 2021
- Goode, Rhys, West, Purefoy - July 13, 2021
- Watch ‘Trick of the Witch’ - July 9, 2021
- Aristophanes’ ‘The Frogs’ - July 8, 2021
- JustWatch June Leaders - July 6, 2021
- ‘The Beast Must Die’ - July 2, 2021
- Netflix’s Beautiful Lover - July 1, 2021
- Somos.: Fact-Based Massacre - June 30, 2021