Three public TV channels, working with the Los Angeles Unified School District, will offer weekday in-home learning to 700,000 students while schools are closed due to COVID-19.
The channels, school grades, and times are:
- PBS SoCal (check here for channel numbers), pre-K through 2nd grade, 5 am to 5 pm.
- KLCS, channel 58, pre–K through 12th grade, 6 am to 6 pm, and additional programming in the evenings
- KCET, channel 28, 9th grade through 12th grade, daytime
Programming, chosen to align with state curriculum, will include Nova, Ken Burns’ The Civil War, Peg + Cat, Cyberchase, Martha Speaks, Sesame Street, American Masters and Shakespeare Uncovered.
Other resources, including lesson plans and support materials, will be available online. They’ll come from PBS LearningMedia, with San Francisco’s KQED developing resources aligned to state standards.
PBS SoCal and KCET said they’re also working together to develop a satellite feed for use by other public TV stations and school districts across the country.
- Emily Watson’s ‘Too Close’ - May 17, 2021
- The Red Rose of Mumbai? - May 14, 2021
- Rotten Tomatoes Channel - May 13, 2021
- 85 Years of Wavy Gravy - May 12, 2021
- We Clap for ‘Clipped’ - May 11, 2021
- A Canary Islands Thriller - May 11, 2021
- Guide to ‘Those Who Kill’ - May 10, 2021
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021