Three public TV channels, working with the Los Angeles Unified School District, will offer weekday in-home learning to 700,000 students while schools are closed due to COVID-19.
The channels, school grades, and times are:
- PBS SoCal (check here for channel numbers), pre-K through 2nd grade, 5 am to 5 pm.
- KLCS, channel 58, pre–K through 12th grade, 6 am to 6 pm, and additional programming in the evenings
- KCET, channel 28, 9th grade through 12th grade, daytime
Programming, chosen to align with state curriculum, will include Nova, Ken Burns’ The Civil War, Peg + Cat, Cyberchase, Martha Speaks, Sesame Street, American Masters and Shakespeare Uncovered.
Other resources, including lesson plans and support materials, will be available online. They’ll come from PBS LearningMedia, with San Francisco’s KQED developing resources aligned to state standards.
PBS SoCal and KCET said they’re also working together to develop a satellite feed for use by other public TV stations and school districts across the country.
- Globetrotting Shakespeare - July 10, 2020
- ‘+Life’ Comes to Localish - July 10, 2020
- Celebrate Ultraman Day - July 9, 2020
- ‘Extraordinary’ Panels - July 9, 2020
- ‘Olympia’ Dukakis Doc - July 8, 2020
- Ringo Starr Turns 80 - July 7, 2020
- Happy 85th, The Dalai Lama! - July 6, 2020
- Molière’s ‘Tartuffe’ - July 6, 2020
- Celebrating Carl Reiner - July 3, 2020
- Bluprint Gets New Life - July 2, 2020