(Above: James Smartwood, Bill Kristol. Source: YouTube video)
Tooning Out the News, a satirical take on the day’s headlines featuring an animated news team and real-life guests, is scheduled to debut on CBS All Access this Monday, March 16.
New episodes, each running five to seven minutes, will bow Monday through Thursday evenings, exact time unrevealed. A “full episode” will then debut on Fridays, sometime after noon ET.
In the following preview, “Big News” anchor James Smartwood interviews conservative pundit Bill Kristol about President Trump and the coronavirus:
Tooning Out the News is executive produced by Stephen Colbert and other names behind CBS sister Showtime’s Our Cartoon President.
Upcoming guests booked for Tooning Out the News include Dan Abrams, Alan Dershowitz, Thomas Friedman, Nicholas Kristof, Rep. Barbara Lee, Olivia Nuzzi, Rep. Donna Shalala and Rep. Eric Swalwell.
CBS All Access offers a $9.99/month almost commercial-free plan, and a $5.99/month plan with ads.
For more information, visit CBS All Access.
- Emily Watson’s ‘Too Close’ - May 17, 2021
- The Red Rose of Mumbai? - May 14, 2021
- Rotten Tomatoes Channel - May 13, 2021
- 85 Years of Wavy Gravy - May 12, 2021
- We Clap for ‘Clipped’ - May 11, 2021
- A Canary Islands Thriller - May 11, 2021
- Guide to ‘Those Who Kill’ - May 10, 2021
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021