(Above: Christopher Eccleston in ‘Safe House.’ Source: Sundance Now)
Safe House, a British dramedy starring The Leftovers’ Christopher Eccleston as a former police detective who turns his guest house into a safe house, debuts a four-episode first season this Thursday, March 12, on Sundance Now.
In the series, Detective Chief Inspector Mark Maxwell (Paterson Joseph) convinces retired detective Robert Carmichael (Eccleston), still haunted by his failure to protect a witness, that his remote guest house would make an ideal spot for relocating endangered individuals. White Collar’s Marsha Thomason plays Carmichael’s wife.
In the first episode, a prison warden (Jason Merrells) and his family take up residence after the attempted abduction of their son. Carmichael is soon drawn into a game of wits with a dangerous offender.
A second four-episode season is expected to land on Sundance Now in May.
The series premiered originally on the UK’s ITV1 in the 2015, with the second season running in 2017.
Sundance Now costs $6.99 monthly or $59.99 annually, after a seven-day free trial.
- Full ‘Treatment’ on HBO Max - June 14, 2021
- Washington Heights Musical - June 11, 2021
- ‘Infinite’ Wahlberg on Paramount+ - June 9, 2021
- Romero’s Lost ‘Amusement Park’ - June 7, 2021
- HBO Max’s New ‘Conjuring’ Tale - June 4, 2021
- Peacock’s ‘Lady Parts’ Comedy - June 2, 2021
- WNBA Tips Off on Amazon - May 28, 2021
- Reanimated ‘Rugrats’ - May 26, 2021
- Back ‘In Treatment’ - May 21, 2021
- Crackle Show Helps Debtors - May 19, 2021