(Above source: YouTube video)
Amazing Stories, a reimagining of Steven Spielberg’s 1980s’ sci-fi anthology series, debuts with five episodes this Friday, March 6 on Apple TV+.
True to the spirit of the original, this remake promises to “transport the audience to worlds of wonder through the lens of today’s most imaginative filmmakers, directors and writers.”
Each episode is helmed by a different director with television pedigrees. They include Chris Long (The Americans), Mark Mylod (Succession and Game of Thrones), Michael Dinner (Sneaky Pete), Susanna Fogel (Utopia) and Sylvain White (Stomp the Yard).
One episode, “The Rift,” directed by Mylod, stars Halt and Catch Fire’s Kerry Bishé, The Brother’s Mulligan‘s Edward Burns, Whitney Coleman, Trisha Mashburn, Austin Stowell and Juliana Canfield.
Eddy Kitsis and Adam Horowitz serve as showrunners.
Apple TV+ costs $4.99 per month with a seven-day free trial. It can be streamed on tv.apple.com, or via the Apple TV app for iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, iPod Touch/Mac, and other non-Apple platforms.
The original series ran two seasons (1985 to 1987) for 45 episodes on NBC. You can stream 22 of the first season’s 24 episodes for free on nbc.com. You can buy all series episodes for $1.99 each (or entire seasons for $19.99) on YouTube, Amazon, Google Play or iTunes.
Here’s a clip with a very young Lukas Haas from the very first episode, “Ghost Train,” directed by Spielberg himself:
- ‘Dead’ Profiles and More - July 14, 2021
- Kratts, Dogs, Wild Museums - July 12, 2021
- Troubled in Paradise - July 9, 2021
- More U.S. Viewers Cut the Cord - July 7, 2021
- Binge July 4th TV - July 2, 2021
- Binge ‘Hamilton’ and More - July 1, 2021
- ‘Twilight Zone’ Holiday - June 30, 2021
- ‘Innocent’ Anthology Returns - June 23, 2021
- South Asian Streamer Launches - June 21, 2021
- Apple TV+ Gets ‘Physical’ - June 16, 2021