(Above: Anthony Mackie in ‘Altered Carbon 2.’ Source: YouTube video)
Netflix’s dystopic science fiction series, Altered Carbon, returns for a second season tomorrow, February 27, after a two-year hiatus.
Based on a 2002 novel by Richard Morgan, Altered Carbon imagines a world in which the human mind is digitized and downloaded into new bodies called “sleeves.”
In season one, House of Cards’ Joel Kinnaman starred as Envoy soldier Takeshi Kovacs, brought back to life to investigate an attempted murder.
Season two begins 30 years after the first season’s conclusion. This time The Hurt Locker’s Anthony Mackie is Takeshi Kovacs, continuing his eternal quest to find his lost love Quellcrist Falconer (Renée Elise Goldsberry) on his home planet, Harlan’s World. He’s also tasked with investigating a series of brutal murders, which may be linked to his search for Quell. Kovacs is joined in his pursuit by loyal A.I. Poe (Chris Conner) .
The cast also includes Lela Loren, Simone Missick, Dina Shihabi and Torben Liebrecht.
For more, visit Netflix.
- A Streamer with Giddy-Up - July 6, 2020
- Binge July 4th TV - July 3, 2020
- Binge ‘Hamilton’ and More - July 2, 2020
- ‘Twilight Zone’ Holiday - July 2, 2020
- Olivia de Havilland Turns 104 - July 1, 2020
- Sheltered Filmmaking - June 30, 2020
- Another Banking Scandal - June 30, 2020
- Detective Love Triangle - June 29, 2020
- GOP Women on ‘Firing Line’ - June 26, 2020
- Flattening Streaming Curve? - June 26, 2020