(Above: Anthony Mackie in ‘Altered Carbon 2.’ Source: YouTube video)
Netflix’s dystopic science fiction series, Altered Carbon, returns for a second season tomorrow, February 27, after a two-year hiatus.
Based on a 2002 novel by Richard Morgan, Altered Carbon imagines a world in which the human mind is digitized and downloaded into new bodies called “sleeves.”
In season one, House of Cards’ Joel Kinnaman starred as Envoy soldier Takeshi Kovacs, brought back to life to investigate an attempted murder.
Season two begins 30 years after the first season’s conclusion. This time The Hurt Locker’s Anthony Mackie is Takeshi Kovacs, continuing his eternal quest to find his lost love Quellcrist Falconer (Renée Elise Goldsberry) on his home planet, Harlan’s World. He’s also tasked with investigating a series of brutal murders, which may be linked to his search for Quell. Kovacs is joined in his pursuit by loyal A.I. Poe (Chris Conner) .
The cast also includes Lela Loren, Simone Missick, Dina Shihabi and Torben Liebrecht.
For more, visit Netflix.
- ‘Dead’ Profiles and More - July 14, 2021
- Kratts, Dogs, Wild Museums - July 12, 2021
- Troubled in Paradise - July 9, 2021
- More U.S. Viewers Cut the Cord - July 7, 2021
- Binge July 4th TV - July 2, 2021
- Binge ‘Hamilton’ and More - July 1, 2021
- ‘Twilight Zone’ Holiday - June 30, 2021
- ‘Innocent’ Anthology Returns - June 23, 2021
- South Asian Streamer Launches - June 21, 2021
- Apple TV+ Gets ‘Physical’ - June 16, 2021