(Above: Anthony Mackie in ‘Altered Carbon 2.’ Source: YouTube video)
Netflix’s dystopic science fiction series, Altered Carbon, returns for a second season tomorrow, February 27, after a two-year hiatus.
Based on a 2002 novel by Richard Morgan, Altered Carbon imagines a world in which the human mind is digitized and downloaded into new bodies called “sleeves.”
In season one, House of Cards’ Joel Kinnaman starred as Envoy soldier Takeshi Kovacs, brought back to life to investigate an attempted murder.
Season two begins 30 years after the first season’s conclusion. This time The Hurt Locker’s Anthony Mackie is Takeshi Kovacs, continuing his eternal quest to find his lost love Quellcrist Falconer (Renée Elise Goldsberry) on his home planet, Harlan’s World. He’s also tasked with investigating a series of brutal murders, which may be linked to his search for Quell. Kovacs is joined in his pursuit by loyal A.I. Poe (Chris Conner) .
The cast also includes Lela Loren, Simone Missick, Dina Shihabi and Torben Liebrecht.
For more, visit Netflix.
- Drug-Addled ET on Shudder - May 7, 2021
- Pluto TV En Español - May 5, 2021
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021
- Chicken, Statue on Peacock - April 21, 2021
- ‘Midsomer Murders’ Season 22 - April 19, 2021
- ‘Beverly Hillbillies’ Binge - April 16, 2021
- AMC+’s Cold War Thriller - April 14, 2021