(Above: Al Pacino in ‘Hunters.’ Source: YouTube video)
Al Pacino goes from Teamster boss in Netflix’s The Irishman to Nazi tracker in Amazon Prime’s 10-episode series, Hunters, debuting tomorrow, February 21.
It’s 1977 in New York City (older New Yorkers, as well as fans of Spike Lee’s Summer of Sam or ESPN’s The Bronx is Burning, may recall a tumultuous year, notable for the Son of Sam killings, a massive blackout, and other disturbing and bizarre events in the Big Apple). A diverse group known as the Hunters has learned that hundreds of high-ranking Nazi officials are now residing in America and seeking to create a Fourth Reich. The Hunters’ goal is to root out the fascists and stop a planned genocide.
Pacino plays Meyer Offerman, the lead hunter. The cast also includes Percy Jackson’s Logan Lerman (Jonah Heidelbaum), Taxi’s Carole Kane (Mindy Markowitz) Warehouse 13’s Saul Rubinek (Murray Markowitz), How I Met Your Mother’s Josh Radnor (Lonny Flash), Damages’ Dylan Baker (Biff Simpson), Alias’ Lena Olin (The Colonel), Lambs of God’s Mary Mulvany (Sister Harriet), and Grey’s Anatomy‘s Jerrika Hinton (Millie Malone).
Hunters is produced by Amazon Studios, Jordan Peele‘s Monkeypaw Productions and Sonar Entertainment.
For more, visit Amazon.
- Pro Bono Court TV - March 27, 2020
- Factory’s Quarantine Comedy - March 27, 2020
- Matthews’ Home Concert - March 26, 2020
- ‘Ozark’ Family Business - March 26, 2020
- Lampooning Woke Culture - March 25, 2020
- Socially Distanced Movies - March 24, 2020
- A Night at the Opera - March 23, 2020
- A Day at the Aquarium - March 23, 2020
- DIY Late-Night Shows - March 20, 2020
- The Misinformation Pandemic - March 19, 2020