(Photo: ‘Odd Squad’s’ new agents with their boss ‘The Big O,’ Millie Davis. Source: PBS Kids)
A third season of the math-centric, live-action kids “detective” series Odd Squad arrives today with a one-hour special, Odd Beginnings. You’ll find it on PBS stations (check local listings), the PBS Kids 24/7 over-the-air channel, on PBSKids.org, via the PBS Kids video app and, starting tomorrow, on the Amazon Prime PBS Kids add-on channel.
Season three will otherwise consist of 20 half-hour episodes featuring four new kid agents – Opal, Omar, Oswald and Orla – out to “tackle oddness wherever they find it.” They take to the road in a mobile unit travelling to such locales as New York City, Pittsburgh, Australia and Zambia (tune in to see how their van gets to those overseas locales!). Along the way, they encounter such obstacles as the villainous Sand Queen, played by Oscar nominee and Golden Globe winner Toni Collette (The Sixth Sense, United States of Tara).
In Odd Beginnings, Opal (Valentina Herrera) and Omar (Jayce Alexander) find a 44-leaf clover that could cause catastrophic oddness…but villains are hot on its trail.
Odd Squad, targeted to 5-8 year-olds, has won several daytime Emmy awards including “outstanding children’s series” in 2019.
Episodes from previous seasons are also available though PBS Kids locations, and 23 episodes can be seen by Amazon Prime subscribers, who can also add on the PBS Kids channel for $4.99/month with a seven-day free trial.
- Norwegian Drama Duo - July 19, 2021
- Chelsea Stardust Playlist - July 15, 2021
- ‘Schmigadoon!’/’Brigadoon’ - July 14, 2021
- Goode, Rhys, West, Purefoy - July 13, 2021
- Watch ‘Trick of the Witch’ - July 9, 2021
- Aristophanes’ ‘The Frogs’ - July 8, 2021
- JustWatch June Leaders - July 6, 2021
- ‘The Beast Must Die’ - July 2, 2021
- Netflix’s Beautiful Lover - July 1, 2021
- Somos.: Fact-Based Massacre - June 30, 2021