(Above: ‘Cable Girls.’ Source: YouTube video)
Cable Girls (Las chicas del cable), Netflix’s Spanish drama series set in 1920s Madrid, debuts a five-episode Part 1 of its farewell season today, February 14 (a release date for the five-episode Part 2 was not announced).
The show centers on the friendship among four young women employed at Spain’s first national telephone company. Their entry into the workplace represents progress towards freedom and gender equality, but a Civil War threatens everything they’ve struggled to achieve.
In the fifth and final season, following the painful death of Ángeles (Maggie Civantos), the women pursue “different paths towards what seemed like a promising future.”
The cast includes Blanca Suárez (Lidia), Nadia de Santiago (Marga), Ana Polvorosa (Sara/Óscar), Ana Fernández (Carlota), Denisse Peña (Sofía), Yon González (Francisco), Martiño Rivas (Carlos) and Nico Romero (Pablo).
Cable Girls is in Spanish with English subtitles. The first four seasons consisted of 32 total episodes.
For more information, visit Netflix.
- A&E Launches Crime Streamer - February 21, 2020
- Pacino’s Nazi ‘Hunters’ - February 20, 2020
- ‘Babies’ Doc on Netflix - February 19, 2020
- Trauma and Drama - February 18, 2020
- ‘Clone Wars’ Conclusion - February 17, 2020
- ‘Cable Girls’ Finale - February 14, 2020
- Feel Good Streamer - February 13, 2020
- Amazon Adds FlixLatino - February 13, 2020
- ‘Loch Ness’ Murder Mystery - February 12, 2020
- Streaming’s Most-Binged Shows - February 11, 2020