(Above: ‘Cable Girls.’ Source: YouTube video)
Cable Girls (Las chicas del cable), Netflix’s Spanish drama series set in 1920s Madrid, debuts a five-episode Part 1 of its farewell season today, February 14 (a release date for the five-episode Part 2 was not announced).
The show centers on the friendship among four young women employed at Spain’s first national telephone company. Their entry into the workplace represents progress towards freedom and gender equality, but a Civil War threatens everything they’ve struggled to achieve.
In the fifth and final season, following the painful death of Ángeles (Maggie Civantos), the women pursue “different paths towards what seemed like a promising future.”
The cast includes Blanca Suárez (Lidia), Nadia de Santiago (Marga), Ana Polvorosa (Sara/Óscar), Ana Fernández (Carlota), Denisse Peña (Sofía), Yon González (Francisco), Martiño Rivas (Carlos) and Nico Romero (Pablo).
Cable Girls is in Spanish with English subtitles. The first four seasons consisted of 32 total episodes.
For more information, visit Netflix.
- Pro Bono Court TV - March 27, 2020
- Factory’s Quarantine Comedy - March 27, 2020
- Matthews’ Home Concert - March 26, 2020
- ‘Ozark’ Family Business - March 26, 2020
- Lampooning Woke Culture - March 25, 2020
- Socially Distanced Movies - March 24, 2020
- A Night at the Opera - March 23, 2020
- A Day at the Aquarium - March 23, 2020
- DIY Late-Night Shows - March 20, 2020
- The Misinformation Pandemic - March 19, 2020