(Above: ‘Cable Girls.’ Source: YouTube video)
Cable Girls (Las chicas del cable), Netflix’s Spanish drama series set in 1920s Madrid, debuts a five-episode Part 1 of its farewell season today, February 14 (a release date for the five-episode Part 2 was not announced).
The show centers on the friendship among four young women employed at Spain’s first national telephone company. Their entry into the workplace represents progress towards freedom and gender equality, but a Civil War threatens everything they’ve struggled to achieve.
In the fifth and final season, following the painful death of Ángeles (Maggie Civantos), the women pursue “different paths towards what seemed like a promising future.”
The cast includes Blanca Suárez (Lidia), Nadia de Santiago (Marga), Ana Polvorosa (Sara/Óscar), Ana Fernández (Carlota), Denisse Peña (Sofía), Yon González (Francisco), Martiño Rivas (Carlos) and Nico Romero (Pablo).
Cable Girls is in Spanish with English subtitles. The first four seasons consisted of 32 total episodes.
For more information, visit Netflix.
- Grown-up Animation - July 9, 2020
- NY Times Documentary Series - July 9, 2020
- Public Domain Horror - July 7, 2020
- A Streamer with Giddy-Up - July 6, 2020
- Binge July 4th TV - July 3, 2020
- Binge ‘Hamilton’ and More - July 2, 2020
- ‘Twilight Zone’ Holiday - July 2, 2020
- Olivia de Havilland Turns 104 - July 1, 2020
- Sheltered Filmmaking - June 30, 2020
- Another Banking Scandal - June 30, 2020