(Photo source: GetTV)
Over-the-air channel GetTV will run the first nine episodes of The Life and Times of Grizzly Adams this Saturday, February 15, starting at 10 am ET.
The Life and Times of Grizzly Adams originally ran for two seasons and 38 hour-long episodes over NBC in 1977-1978.
Dan Haggerty plays Grizzly Adams, an innocent 19th Century fugitive from the law who escapes to the wilderness where, with his grizzly bear friend Ben, he helps passers-by in the forest. The series followed a 1974 theatrical movie of the same title, also starring Haggerty, which was based on a 1972 novella of the same title by Charles E. Sellier Jr.
The Life and Times of Grizzly Adams regularly airs Sundays at 9 am on GetTV. Neither the series nor the original movie are available for streaming.
And don’t confuse the bear Ben in this series with the bear of the same name who starred with Clint Howard and Dennis Weaver a decade earlier in another two-season series, Gentle Ben (CBS, 56 episodes 1967-1969). Like Grizzly Adams, Gentle Ben was spun off from a feature film (Gentle Giant, 1967) which was based on a novel (Gentle Ben by Walt Morey, 1965). Neither the series nor movie are streaming or airing anywhere.
You can get GetTV free by hooking an antenna to your TV set and finding your local station at “Get the Channel.” (GetTV is also available on cable in many markets.)
- Miracle on Ice, Revisited - February 21, 2020
- ‘Carl Weber’s Influence’ - February 20, 2020
- Redbox Free Live TV - February 19, 2020
- ‘Sacred Lies,’ Season 2 - February 18, 2020
- ‘Odd Squad,’ Season 3 - February 17, 2020
- ‘Fairy Tale Weddings’ - February 14, 2020
- GetTV’s Grizzly Saturday - February 13, 2020
- Galaxy S20’s Flipboard TV - February 13, 2020
- Hulu’s Musical Debuts - February 12, 2020
- Watch V-Day Marathons - February 11, 2020