(Photo source: GetTV)
Over-the-air channel GetTV will run the first nine episodes of The Life and Times of Grizzly Adams this Saturday, February 15, starting at 10 am ET.
The Life and Times of Grizzly Adams originally ran for two seasons and 38 hour-long episodes over NBC in 1977-1978.
Dan Haggerty plays Grizzly Adams, an innocent 19th Century fugitive from the law who escapes to the wilderness where, with his grizzly bear friend Ben, he helps passers-by in the forest. The series followed a 1974 theatrical movie of the same title, also starring Haggerty, which was based on a 1972 novella of the same title by Charles E. Sellier Jr.
The Life and Times of Grizzly Adams regularly airs Sundays at 9 am on GetTV. Neither the series nor the original movie are available for streaming.
And don’t confuse the bear Ben in this series with the bear of the same name who starred with Clint Howard and Dennis Weaver a decade earlier in another two-season series, Gentle Ben (CBS, 56 episodes 1967-1969). Like Grizzly Adams, Gentle Ben was spun off from a feature film (Gentle Giant, 1967) which was based on a novel (Gentle Ben by Walt Morey, 1965). Neither the series nor movie are streaming or airing anywhere.
You can get GetTV free by hooking an antenna to your TV set and finding your local station at “Get the Channel.” (GetTV is also available on cable in many markets.)
- Silent Comedy Watch Party - March 31, 2020
- Free Linda Hamilton Pilot - March 31, 2020
- Back to ‘Concentration’ - March 30, 2020
- Survival on MX Player - March 30, 2020
- Ficto’s 6-Month Isolation - March 27, 2020
- Music Never Sleeps NYC - March 27, 2020
- Fox’s Living Room Benefit - March 26, 2020
- ‘Curtain Up!’ for Seniors - March 26, 2020
- Free Rivit-ing Pilots - March 25, 2020
- Classics to the Rescue - March 24, 2020