Samsung, announcing its upcoming Galaxy S20 phones earlier this week, stressed their advanced camera capabilities. But S20 users will also find some cool video viewing opportunities, including bonus content shot with the phone by directors of Netflix originals – and Flipboard TV, a new subscription service from web content aggregator Flipboard.
Costing $2.99/month, following a three-month free trial, Flipboard TV will offer short-form videos from more than 100 publishing partners and TV stations. The service will be available via a tab inside Flipboard’s app.
Flipboard TV viewers will be able to access dozens of curatedchannels, including
- “Entertainment” (with sources like Variety, Us Weekly and Rolling Stone)
- “Business” (culling content from Barron’s, Bloomberg Media, The Wall Street Journal, MarketWatch and more)
- “Local” (from KCRA, Sacramento; WESH, Orlando; KCCI, Des Moines; and other TV stations)
- Plus “News,” “Politics,” Tech, and special-interest channels like “Biking” and “Surfing.”
Flipboard said it will be add more channels and partners over the coming months, and also roll out the service to additional devices following its exclusive launch with Samsung Galaxy S20 on March 6.
- Miracle on Ice, Revisited - February 21, 2020
- ‘Carl Weber’s Influence’ - February 20, 2020
- Redbox Free Live TV - February 19, 2020
- ‘Sacred Lies,’ Season 2 - February 18, 2020
- ‘Odd Squad,’ Season 3 - February 17, 2020
- ‘Fairy Tale Weddings’ - February 14, 2020
- GetTV’s Grizzly Saturday - February 13, 2020
- Galaxy S20’s Flipboard TV - February 13, 2020
- Hulu’s Musical Debuts - February 12, 2020
- Watch V-Day Marathons - February 11, 2020