(Photo: Zoë Kravitz in Hulu’s ‘High Fidelity’)
Popular music is central to two Hulu series debuting this Friday, February 14: High Fidelity and Utopia Falls.
High Fidelity, adapted from the same 1995 Nick Hornby novel that spawned a feature film five years later, is a 10-episode romantic comedy. Zoë Kravitz plays Rob, a list-obsessed record store owner, in a role originated by John Cusack. The setting, switched from London to Chicago for the 2000 film, now moves to gentrifying Crown Heights in Brooklyn, NY.
Utopia Falls is a 10-episode coming-of-age sci-fi drama. In a post-apocalyptic future, 24 teens chosen to compete in a performing arts competition stumble upon a hidden hip-hop cache, The Archive (voiced by Snoop Dogg), which unleashes a rebellious spirit against the government of New Babyl. Robyn Alomar (Riot Girls) plays Aliyah, the most rebellious teen.
- Silent Comedy Watch Party - March 31, 2020
- Free Linda Hamilton Pilot - March 31, 2020
- Back to ‘Concentration’ - March 30, 2020
- Survival on MX Player - March 30, 2020
- Ficto’s 6-Month Isolation - March 27, 2020
- Music Never Sleeps NYC - March 27, 2020
- Fox’s Living Room Benefit - March 26, 2020
- ‘Curtain Up!’ for Seniors - March 26, 2020
- Free Rivit-ing Pilots - March 25, 2020
- Classics to the Rescue - March 24, 2020