(Photo: Zoë Kravitz in Hulu’s ‘High Fidelity’)
Popular music is central to two Hulu series debuting this Friday, February 14: High Fidelity and Utopia Falls.
High Fidelity, adapted from the same 1995 Nick Hornby novel that spawned a feature film five years later, is a 10-episode romantic comedy. Zoë Kravitz plays Rob, a list-obsessed record store owner, in a role originated by John Cusack. The setting, switched from London to Chicago for the 2000 film, now moves to gentrifying Crown Heights in Brooklyn, NY.
Utopia Falls is a 10-episode coming-of-age sci-fi drama. In a post-apocalyptic future, 24 teens chosen to compete in a performing arts competition stumble upon a hidden hip-hop cache, The Archive (voiced by Snoop Dogg), which unleashes a rebellious spirit against the government of New Babyl. Robyn Alomar (Riot Girls) plays Aliyah, the most rebellious teen.
- Miracle on Ice, Revisited - February 21, 2020
- ‘Carl Weber’s Influence’ - February 20, 2020
- Redbox Free Live TV - February 19, 2020
- ‘Sacred Lies,’ Season 2 - February 18, 2020
- ‘Odd Squad,’ Season 3 - February 17, 2020
- ‘Fairy Tale Weddings’ - February 14, 2020
- GetTV’s Grizzly Saturday - February 13, 2020
- Galaxy S20’s Flipboard TV - February 13, 2020
- Hulu’s Musical Debuts - February 12, 2020
- Watch V-Day Marathons - February 11, 2020