(Above: ‘Mighty Little Bheem.’ Source: YouTube video)
Netflix’s animated kids series Mighty Little Bheem was the most binged streaming show during the second half of 2019, according to TV performance metrics company TVision.
In a survey of 5,000 US homes, TVision found that 82.7% of viewers who watched the second season of Mighty Little Bheem did so in a binge session (in this study binge viewing counted as watching three or more episodes in a single sitting). The result was perhaps not surprising given that individual episodes are a snackable six minutes long.
Children’s programming accounted for three of the top five most-binged shows: Netflix’s cartoon Green Eggs and Ham, season one, was fourth (53.8%) and Amazon’s animated Pete the Cat, season one, was fifth (52%).
Season three of Amazon’s Goliath, the gritty legal drama starring Billy Bob Thornton, came in second (62.9%) and season two of Netflix’s The Kaminsky Method, a comedy about an aging acting teacher (Michael Douglas) and his agent (Alan Arkin), ranked third (60.4%).
Netflix’s Stranger Things had a relatively low binge rate – just 19% for the third season. TVision said that figure is “a testament to the stamina required to watch three hour-long episodes consecutively.” The show’s audience demographic was about evenly split between men and women, with 57% over the age of 35, probably due to “its 80s nostalgia themes,” TVision surmised.
The first season of Apple TV+’s For All Mankind – at 52.9% — was the most co-viewed (proportion of episodes viewed with another person present) streaming program in the second half of 2019.
- A&E Launches Crime Streamer - February 21, 2020
- Pacino’s Nazi ‘Hunters’ - February 20, 2020
- ‘Babies’ Doc on Netflix - February 19, 2020
- Trauma and Drama - February 18, 2020
- ‘Clone Wars’ Conclusion - February 17, 2020
- ‘Cable Girls’ Finale - February 14, 2020
- Feel Good Streamer - February 13, 2020
- Amazon Adds FlixLatino - February 13, 2020
- ‘Loch Ness’ Murder Mystery - February 12, 2020
- Streaming’s Most-Binged Shows - February 11, 2020