(Above: Rob McElhenney. Source: YouTube video)
Rob McElhenney, who plays Mac on It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, headlines Mythic Quest: Raven’s Banquet, a comedy debuting Friday, February 7 on Apple TV+.
The nine-episode series stars McElhenney as the creative director of a company that produces a popular multiplayer video game. The real competitions – or clashes – occur not in cyberspace but in a real office among egocentric game developers building the ultimate online experience.
The cast includes Homeland’s F. Murray Abraham, Danny Pudi, Imani Hakim, Charlotte Nicdao, David Hornsby, Ashly Burch and Jessie Ennis.
McElhenney created the series with Philadelphia producer Megan Ganz and serves as co-executive producer with Philadelphia co-star Charlie Day.
Apple TV+ costs $4.99 per month with a seven-day free trial. It can be streamed on tv.apple.com, or via the Apple TV app for iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, iPod Touch/Mac, and other non-Apple platforms.
McElhenney recently discussed the similarities between the notoriously unlikeable Philadelphia characters and those of Mythic Quest (starts at 9:15):
- Beware the Jelly Monsters - September 25, 2020
- Happy Birthday, John Bunny - September 24, 2020
- The Virtual Play’s the Thing - September 23, 2020
- Vigilante Killer? - September 21, 2020
- Nurse Ratched Returns! - September 18, 2020
- Unholy Backwater, Batman! - September 16, 2020
- Facebooking with ‘Steve’ - September 14, 2020
- ‘Miscast,’ but in a Good Way - September 11, 2020
- Cartoonist’s Conscience - September 9, 2020
- Shout Out to ‘Star Trek’ - September 7, 2020