(Above: Rob McElhenney. Source: YouTube video)
Rob McElhenney, who plays Mac on It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, headlines Mythic Quest: Raven’s Banquet, a comedy debuting Friday, February 7 on Apple TV+.
The nine-episode series stars McElhenney as the creative director of a company that produces a popular multiplayer video game. The real competitions – or clashes – occur not in cyberspace but in a real office among egocentric game developers building the ultimate online experience.
The cast includes Homeland’s F. Murray Abraham, Danny Pudi, Imani Hakim, Charlotte Nicdao, David Hornsby, Ashly Burch and Jessie Ennis.
McElhenney created the series with Philadelphia producer Megan Ganz and serves as co-executive producer with Philadelphia co-star Charlie Day.
Apple TV+ costs $4.99 per month with a seven-day free trial. It can be streamed on tv.apple.com, or via the Apple TV app for iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, iPod Touch/Mac, and other non-Apple platforms.
McElhenney recently discussed the similarities between the notoriously unlikeable Philadelphia characters and those of Mythic Quest (starts at 9:15):
- ‘Dead’ Profiles and More - July 14, 2021
- Kratts, Dogs, Wild Museums - July 12, 2021
- Troubled in Paradise - July 9, 2021
- More U.S. Viewers Cut the Cord - July 7, 2021
- Binge July 4th TV - July 2, 2021
- Binge ‘Hamilton’ and More - July 1, 2021
- ‘Twilight Zone’ Holiday - June 30, 2021
- ‘Innocent’ Anthology Returns - June 23, 2021
- South Asian Streamer Launches - June 21, 2021
- Apple TV+ Gets ‘Physical’ - June 16, 2021