(Above: Rob McElhenney. Source: YouTube video)
Rob McElhenney, who plays Mac on It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, headlines Mythic Quest: Raven’s Banquet, a comedy debuting Friday, February 7 on Apple TV+.
The nine-episode series stars McElhenney as the creative director of a company that produces a popular multiplayer video game. The real competitions – or clashes – occur not in cyberspace but in a real office among egocentric game developers building the ultimate online experience.
The cast includes Homeland’s F. Murray Abraham, Danny Pudi, Imani Hakim, Charlotte Nicdao, David Hornsby, Ashly Burch and Jessie Ennis.
McElhenney created the series with Philadelphia producer Megan Ganz and serves as co-executive producer with Philadelphia co-star Charlie Day.
Apple TV+ costs $4.99 per month with a seven-day free trial. It can be streamed on tv.apple.com, or via the Apple TV app for iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, iPod Touch/Mac, and other non-Apple platforms.
McElhenney recently discussed the similarities between the notoriously unlikeable Philadelphia characters and those of Mythic Quest (starts at 9:15):
- A&E Launches Crime Streamer - February 21, 2020
- Pacino’s Nazi ‘Hunters’ - February 20, 2020
- ‘Babies’ Doc on Netflix - February 19, 2020
- Trauma and Drama - February 18, 2020
- ‘Clone Wars’ Conclusion - February 17, 2020
- ‘Cable Girls’ Finale - February 14, 2020
- Feel Good Streamer - February 13, 2020
- Amazon Adds FlixLatino - February 13, 2020
- ‘Loch Ness’ Murder Mystery - February 12, 2020
- Streaming’s Most-Binged Shows - February 11, 2020