(Photo: Holo and So-yeon, courtesy Netflix)
My Holo Love on Netflix and I’m Not a Robot, free on Viki, offer sci-fi romantic triangles from Korea.
In My Holo Love, lonely So-yeon has face blindness, so she can’t differentiate between faces. She falls for Holo, a human-like AI assistant. Nan-do, Holo’s prickly look-alike developer, falls for her. You can watch this love triangle play out in series form starting this Friday, February 7, on Netflix.
Ko Sung-hee plays So-yeon, and Yoon Hyun-min plays both Holo and Nan-Do.
Netflix hasn’t revealed the number of My Holo Love episodes available to binge starting Friday. But, if you can’t wait till then and like this sort of romantic sci-fi plot, you can stream all 32 episodes of Korea’s I’m Not a Robot right now for free on Viki.
From what we could learn on Wikipedia, the plot goes something like this: Kim Min-kyu (Yoo Seung-ho) develops severe rashes when he touches other people, so he lives an isolated life. He falls in love with Aji 3 (Chae Soo-bin), a humanoid robot who looks just like Jo Ji-ah (also Chae Soo-bin). But Jo Ji-ah has been impersonating Aji 3 and she falls in love with Kim Min-kyu.
To stream I’m Not a Robot, visit Viki.
To stream My Holo Love come Friday, visit Netflix.com/MyHoloLove.
Both series are subtitled in English.
- Free ‘Weasel’ & ‘Monkey’ - June 18, 2021
- Stream ‘Cracka’ Free - June 18, 2021
- Revry Escorts ‘Strut’ 6/18 - June 17, 2021
- Lubin’s Silent Film Empire - June 17, 2021
- ‘Oral’ Pilot Reading 6/17 - June 16, 2021
- Welcome Back, ‘iCarly’ - June 15, 2021
- ‘Rent’ Comes to Cuba - June 15, 2021
- Fredi Washington: ‘Ouanga’ - June 14, 2021
- Peacock Struts on JustWatch - June 11, 2021
- ‘Kevin Can F**k Himself’ - June 10, 2021