(Photo: Holo and So-yeon, courtesy Netflix)
My Holo Love on Netflix and I’m Not a Robot, free on Viki, offer sci-fi romantic triangles from Korea.
In My Holo Love, lonely So-yeon has face blindness, so she can’t differentiate between faces. She falls for Holo, a human-like AI assistant. Nan-do, Holo’s prickly look-alike developer, falls for her. You can watch this love triangle play out in series form starting this Friday, February 7, on Netflix.
Ko Sung-hee plays So-yeon, and Yoon Hyun-min plays both Holo and Nan-Do.
Netflix hasn’t revealed the number of My Holo Love episodes available to binge starting Friday. But, if you can’t wait till then and like this sort of romantic sci-fi plot, you can stream all 32 episodes of Korea’s I’m Not a Robot right now for free on Viki.
From what we could learn on Wikipedia, the plot goes something like this: Kim Min-kyu (Yoo Seung-ho) develops severe rashes when he touches other people, so he lives an isolated life. He falls in love with Aji 3 (Chae Soo-bin), a humanoid robot who looks just like Jo Ji-ah (also Chae Soo-bin). But Jo Ji-ah has been impersonating Aji 3 and she falls in love with Kim Min-kyu.
To stream I’m Not a Robot, visit Viki.
To stream My Holo Love come Friday, visit Netflix.com/MyHoloLove.
Both series are subtitled in English.
- Miracle on Ice, Revisited - February 21, 2020
- ‘Carl Weber’s Influence’ - February 20, 2020
- Redbox Free Live TV - February 19, 2020
- ‘Sacred Lies,’ Season 2 - February 18, 2020
- ‘Odd Squad,’ Season 3 - February 17, 2020
- ‘Fairy Tale Weddings’ - February 14, 2020
- GetTV’s Grizzly Saturday - February 13, 2020
- Galaxy S20’s Flipboard TV - February 13, 2020
- Hulu’s Musical Debuts - February 12, 2020
- Watch V-Day Marathons - February 11, 2020