(Above: Kristofer Hivju in ‘Twin.’ Source: YouTube video)
Are two Tormunds better than one?
Kristofer Hivju, who played Wilding leader Tormund Giantsbane in Game of Thrones, takes on two roles in a Norwegian thriller Twin, premiering tomorrow, February 4, on MHz Choice. Subsequent episodes will debut Tuesdays through March 24.
Hivju plays identical twin brothers Erik and Adam who haven’t seen each other in 15 years. When Erik, now a surfer bum who is single and broke, reaches out to successful family man Adam, a quarrel results in Adam being accidentally killed by his wife, Ingrid (Rebekka Nystabakk). To avoid Ingrid’s arrest for murder and to protect his brother’s family, Erik assumes Adam’s identity. The question: How long can the ruse last?
The series, which first aired on Norwegian television in 2019, was co-created by Hivju and Kristoffer Metcalfe. It is presented in Norwegian, German, French and English, with English subtitles.
MHZ Choice costs $7.99 monthly after a seven-day free trial, but you can now get 50% off the first month with promo code NEWYEAR20. To subscribe, or for more info, visit mhzchoice.com.
- ‘Dead’ Profiles and More - July 14, 2021
- Kratts, Dogs, Wild Museums - July 12, 2021
- Troubled in Paradise - July 9, 2021
- More U.S. Viewers Cut the Cord - July 7, 2021
- Binge July 4th TV - July 2, 2021
- Binge ‘Hamilton’ and More - July 1, 2021
- ‘Twilight Zone’ Holiday - June 30, 2021
- ‘Innocent’ Anthology Returns - June 23, 2021
- South Asian Streamer Launches - June 21, 2021
- Apple TV+ Gets ‘Physical’ - June 16, 2021