(Above: Patrick Stewart. Source: YouTube video)
The first episode of CBS All Access’ Star Trek: Picard, starring Patrick Stewart, is available to stream for free until Wednesday, February 5. You can watch it via CBS.com, Amazon, YouTube, PlutoTV and other sources.
Picking up roughly 20 years after the last Star Trek: Next Generation film, Nemesis (2002), the 10-episode debut season finds Captain Jean-Luc Picard (Stewart), disgruntled with Star Fleet and in retirement on his family vineyard in France. His repose is interrupted, however, by a mysterious young woman, Dahj (Isa Briones), who needs his help.
The series will feature appearances by popular Star Trek characters including William Riker (Jonathan Frakes, who also directs several episodes), Deanna Troi (Marina Sirtis), Seven-Of-Nine (Jeri Ryan), Data (Brent Spiner) and Hugh the Borg (Jonathan Del Arco).
Michael Chabon, who wrote the Pulitzer-Prize-winning novel The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay, is one of the creators and writers.
Star Trek: Picard already appears to be a big hit with both audiences and critics. CBS All Access has signed on for a second season of the series, which could include the return of Whoopi Goldberg, who played Guinan on STNG. Stewart issued the invitation to Goldberg in person on The View.
Incidentally, Stewart told Stephen Colbert recently that Picard has replaced Riker with a new Number One – a pit bull terrier:
To see subsequent episodes, which debut Thursdays through March 26, you will need to subscribe to CBS All Access. The streamer offers a $9.99/month almost commercial-free version, and a $5.99/month plan with ads.
For more information, visit CBS All Access.
- A&E Launches Crime Streamer - February 21, 2020
- Pacino’s Nazi ‘Hunters’ - February 20, 2020
- ‘Babies’ Doc on Netflix - February 19, 2020
- Trauma and Drama - February 18, 2020
- ‘Clone Wars’ Conclusion - February 17, 2020
- ‘Cable Girls’ Finale - February 14, 2020
- Feel Good Streamer - February 13, 2020
- Amazon Adds FlixLatino - February 13, 2020
- ‘Loch Ness’ Murder Mystery - February 12, 2020
- Streaming’s Most-Binged Shows - February 11, 2020