(Above: ‘Interrogation.’ Source: CBS All Access)
Interrogation, a 10-episode whodunit that allows viewers to follow “their own investigative path,” debuts on CBS All Access next Thursday, February 6.
The story, spanning more than 20 years, involves Eric Fisher (Kyle Gallner), a young man convicted of brutally murdering his mother. Given a life sentence, Fisher fights to prove his innocence.
Each episode consist of interrogations based on real police case files. Peter Sarsgaard plays David Russell, the lead detective, with David Strathairn as Eric’s father Henry and Law and Order’s Vincent D’Onofrio as Internal Affairs officer Ian Lynch, who ultimately takes up Fisher’s cause.
Unlike most CBS All Access series, all episodes of Interrogation will debut at once, enabling viewers to “abandon the linear narrative” by watching episodes in any order leading up to the season finale.
On a separate note, CBS All Access’ Star Trek: Picard, starring Patrick Stewart, which went into warp last week, already appears to be a big hit with both audiences and critics. The streamer already has plans for a second season, which could include the return of Whoopi Goldberg, who played Guinan on Star Trek: Next Generation. Stewart issued the invitation to Goldberg in person on The View:
- ‘Dead’ Profiles and More - July 14, 2021
- Kratts, Dogs, Wild Museums - July 12, 2021
- Troubled in Paradise - July 9, 2021
- More U.S. Viewers Cut the Cord - July 7, 2021
- Binge July 4th TV - July 2, 2021
- Binge ‘Hamilton’ and More - July 1, 2021
- ‘Twilight Zone’ Holiday - June 30, 2021
- ‘Innocent’ Anthology Returns - June 23, 2021
- South Asian Streamer Launches - June 21, 2021
- Apple TV+ Gets ‘Physical’ - June 16, 2021