(Above: Matt Damon and Christian Bale. Source: YouTube video)
Two films boasting Oscar nominees – Ford v Ferrari and A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood – will start streaming prior to the Academy Awards ceremony (ABC, February 9).
Ford v Ferrari, competing in four categories including Best Picture, tells the true story about Ford’s effort to create the world’s fastest car. It stars Matt Damon as American car designer Carroll Shelby and Christian Bale as British-born driver Ken Miles. Together, they try to build a race car to take on Enzo Ferrari at the 24 Hours of Le Mans in France in 1966.
The cast also features Jon Bernthal, Caitriona Balfe, Josh Lucas and Tracy Letts.
You can purchase the digital version for $19.99 tomorrow, January 28, but it’s available to preorder right now from Amazon, Vudu and other providers. You’ll also be able to rent the film – or buy it on disc – February 11.
Shifting to a lower gear, A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood, about a famously warm-hearted children’s television host, will be available to purchase on digital February 4.
Tom Hanks is nominated for Best Supporting Actor for his portrayal of the legendary Fred (Mister) Rogers, who forms a friendship with a cynical journalist Tom Junod (The Americans’ Matthew Rhys). Rogers teaches the skeptical magazine writer about kindness, love and forgiveness.
The cast also includes Chris Cooper, Susan Kelechi Watson and Maryann Plunkett.
The digital release will be available to purchase for $14.99 on February 4. You can preorder it from Amazon, Vudu and other services. You can also rent the film – or get it on disc – starting February 18.
- ‘Dead’ Profiles and More - July 14, 2021
- Kratts, Dogs, Wild Museums - July 12, 2021
- Troubled in Paradise - July 9, 2021
- More U.S. Viewers Cut the Cord - July 7, 2021
- Binge July 4th TV - July 2, 2021
- Binge ‘Hamilton’ and More - July 1, 2021
- ‘Twilight Zone’ Holiday - June 30, 2021
- ‘Innocent’ Anthology Returns - June 23, 2021
- South Asian Streamer Launches - June 21, 2021
- Apple TV+ Gets ‘Physical’ - June 16, 2021