(Above: Aidy Bryant in ‘Shrill.’ Source: Hulu)
Shrill, about an overweight young woman who wants to change her life but not her body, debuts a second eight-episode season this Friday, January 24, on Hulu.
Having successfully battled her season one demons – her mom, her boss and her troll – Annie (SNL’s Aidy Bryant) wonders whether having quit her job and starting a relationship with a less career-minded boyfriend was such a good idea. Meanwhile, Annie’s mother (Julia Sweeney) and best friend (Lolly Adefope) are trying to figure out what they want in life.
Executive produced by Lorne Michaels and Elizabeth Banks, the show is based on the non-fiction book, Shrill: Notes from a Loud Woman, by Lindy West. Both West and Bryant are series writers.
For more, visit Hulu.
- Vigilante Killer? - September 21, 2020
- Nurse Ratched Returns! - September 18, 2020
- Unholy Backwater, Batman! - September 16, 2020
- Facebooking with ‘Steve’ - September 14, 2020
- ‘Miscast,’ but in a Good Way - September 11, 2020
- Cartoonist’s Conscience - September 9, 2020
- Shout Out to ‘Star Trek’ - September 7, 2020
- ‘The Boys’ are Back in Town - September 4, 2020
- Gift with Strings Attached - September 1, 2020
- ‘Binge’ and ‘Purge’ on Hulu - August 28, 2020