(Above: Aidy Bryant in ‘Shrill.’ Source: Hulu)
Shrill, about an overweight young woman who wants to change her life but not her body, debuts a second eight-episode season this Friday, January 24, on Hulu.
Having successfully battled her season one demons – her mom, her boss and her troll – Annie (SNL’s Aidy Bryant) wonders whether having quit her job and starting a relationship with a less career-minded boyfriend was such a good idea. Meanwhile, Annie’s mother (Julia Sweeney) and best friend (Lolly Adefope) are trying to figure out what they want in life.
Executive produced by Lorne Michaels and Elizabeth Banks, the show is based on the non-fiction book, Shrill: Notes from a Loud Woman, by Lindy West. Both West and Bryant are series writers.
For more, visit Hulu.
- ‘Dead’ Profiles and More - July 14, 2021
- Kratts, Dogs, Wild Museums - July 12, 2021
- Troubled in Paradise - July 9, 2021
- More U.S. Viewers Cut the Cord - July 7, 2021
- Binge July 4th TV - July 2, 2021
- Binge ‘Hamilton’ and More - July 1, 2021
- ‘Twilight Zone’ Holiday - June 30, 2021
- ‘Innocent’ Anthology Returns - June 23, 2021
- South Asian Streamer Launches - June 21, 2021
- Apple TV+ Gets ‘Physical’ - June 16, 2021