(Photo: YuyuTV’s ‘Women Who Made History,’ courtesy Digital Media Rights)
Five specialty video-on-demand streaming services from Digital Media Rights (DMR) —AsianCrush, Cocoro, KMTV, Midnight Pulp and Yuyu — have launched free 24/7 linear channels on Samsung TV Plus.
AsianCrush offers “the best of Asian entertainment,” with such fare as Youth, a Chinese romcom series about the growing pains of five college freshman rooming together (which sounds just like Netflix’s My First First Love from Korea), and Cheese in the Trap, a Korean movie, about a struggling college student who becomes the love interest of a “wealthy, popular hot-shot.”
On Midnight Pulp, “streaming all things strange,” you’ll find movies like Hong Kong’s The Young Master (1980, dubbed) starring and directed by-Jackie Chan; and Find Me Guilty (2006), directed by Sidney Lumet and starring Peter Dinklage, Vin Diesel and Ron Silver.
Yuyu, “TV that isn’t basic,” includes the reality series and Savvy Screener favorite, Honey, I Bought The House, and documentary series Women Who Made History, who include Cleopatra, Joan of Arc, and another Savvy Screener favorite, Catherine the Great.
Samsung TV Plus, an ad-supported streaming service pre-installed on all Samsung Smart TV sets since 2016, is now home to nearly 100 channels. They include CBSN, Newsy, Cheddar, Fubo Sports Network, World Poker Tour, Science TV, Geek&Sundry, The Pet Collective, Shout Factory TV, The Dove Channel and Pop Sugar.
You can learn more about the service and compatible TV models at samsung.com/tvplus.
- Norwegian Drama Duo - July 19, 2021
- Chelsea Stardust Playlist - July 15, 2021
- ‘Schmigadoon!’/’Brigadoon’ - July 14, 2021
- Goode, Rhys, West, Purefoy - July 13, 2021
- Watch ‘Trick of the Witch’ - July 9, 2021
- Aristophanes’ ‘The Frogs’ - July 8, 2021
- JustWatch June Leaders - July 6, 2021
- ‘The Beast Must Die’ - July 2, 2021
- Netflix’s Beautiful Lover - July 1, 2021
- Somos.: Fact-Based Massacre - June 30, 2021