(Above: Asa Butterfield in ‘Sex Education.’ Source: YouTube video)
Two Netflix comedy favorites – Grace and Frankie and Sex Education – are debuting new seasons this week.
The sixth season of Grace and Frankie dropped 13 new episodes today, while Sex Education will return for a second season with eight episodes this Friday, January 17.
Grace and Frankie stars Jane Fonda (Grace) and Lily Tomlin (Frankie) as women who have bonded after discovering that their husbands were having an affair with each other. Season six follows the aftermath of Grace’s marriage to Nick (Peter Gallagher), while Lily invents a “rising up” toilet seat.
Netflix now hosts 78 episodes of Grace and Frankie and has already ordered a seventh and final season of 16 more installments. Martin Sheen and Sam Waterston also star as Grace and Frankie’s ex-husbands. To stream, visit netflix.com/GraceAndFrankie.
Sex Education is a British coming of age comedy-drama about Otis, an insecure teenage boy (Hugo’s Asa Butterfield) being raised by a sex-therapist mother (X-Files’ Gillian Anderson) who winds up running his own clandestine sex advice service for classmates. In season two, Otis struggles with romance (for one thing, his mother is having an affair with his girlfriend’s father) while the school struggles with a chlamydia outbreak.
Netflix subscribers who want to catch up with Sex Education can binge the first season of eight episodes now at netflix.com/SexEducation.
- Globetrotting Shakespeare - July 10, 2020
- ‘+Life’ Comes to Localish - July 10, 2020
- Celebrate Ultraman Day - July 9, 2020
- ‘Extraordinary’ Panels - July 9, 2020
- ‘Olympia’ Dukakis Doc - July 8, 2020
- Ringo Starr Turns 80 - July 7, 2020
- Happy 85th, The Dalai Lama! - July 6, 2020
- Molière’s ‘Tartuffe’ - July 6, 2020
- Celebrating Carl Reiner - July 3, 2020
- Bluprint Gets New Life - July 2, 2020