(Above: Russell Peters. Source: YouTube video)
Amazon Prime will debut two comedic offerings this Friday, January 17. Russell Peters: Deported is a one-hour stand-up special featuring the musings of an Indian-Canadian comic. Troop Zero is a family comedy-drama movie about an unusual American girl with interstellar dreams.
In Russell Peters: Deported, which was recorded at Mumbai’s NSCI Stadium, the comic reflects on being a middle-aged man coping with health issues, relationships and fatherhood. Deported includes Peters doing improv with the audience.
If you’re unfamiliar with Peters, Netflix has three other stand-up specials of his – Russell Peters: Notorious, Russell Peters vs The World, and Russell Peters: Almost Famous. Netflix also offers Peters as a Toronto cop in the four-part dramedy The Indian Detective, which includes an appearance by fellow Canadian William Shatner.
Troop Zero is a 90-minute film starring Mckenna Grace as Christmas Flint, a misfit girl living in a trailer park in a small Georgia town in 1977. Fascinated with extraterrestrials, Christmas seeks to join a local Birdie Scout troop so she can enter a contest to be included on NASA’s famous Golden Record, destined for launch into space.
The snobby troop, led by Miss Massey (Allison Janney), rejects her, so Christmas sets out to start her own chapter — Troop Zero — with the help of her father’s (Jim Gaffigan) office manager, Miss Rayleen (Viola Davis).
For more information, visit Amazon.
- Send the Kids to ‘Camp TV’ - July 10, 2020
- Grown-up Animation - July 9, 2020
- NY Times Documentary Series - July 9, 2020
- Public Domain Horror - July 7, 2020
- A Streamer with Giddy-Up - July 6, 2020
- Binge July 4th TV - July 3, 2020
- Binge ‘Hamilton’ and More - July 2, 2020
- ‘Twilight Zone’ Holiday - July 2, 2020
- Olivia de Havilland Turns 104 - July 1, 2020
- Sheltered Filmmaking - June 30, 2020