(Above: Russell Peters. Source: YouTube video)
Amazon Prime will debut two comedic offerings this Friday, January 17. Russell Peters: Deported is a one-hour stand-up special featuring the musings of an Indian-Canadian comic. Troop Zero is a family comedy-drama movie about an unusual American girl with interstellar dreams.
In Russell Peters: Deported, which was recorded at Mumbai’s NSCI Stadium, the comic reflects on being a middle-aged man coping with health issues, relationships and fatherhood. Deported includes Peters doing improv with the audience.
If you’re unfamiliar with Peters, Netflix has three other stand-up specials of his – Russell Peters: Notorious, Russell Peters vs The World, and Russell Peters: Almost Famous. Netflix also offers Peters as a Toronto cop in the four-part dramedy The Indian Detective, which includes an appearance by fellow Canadian William Shatner.
Troop Zero is a 90-minute film starring Mckenna Grace as Christmas Flint, a misfit girl living in a trailer park in a small Georgia town in 1977. Fascinated with extraterrestrials, Christmas seeks to join a local Birdie Scout troop so she can enter a contest to be included on NASA’s famous Golden Record, destined for launch into space.
The snobby troop, led by Miss Massey (Allison Janney), rejects her, so Christmas sets out to start her own chapter — Troop Zero — with the help of her father’s (Jim Gaffigan) office manager, Miss Rayleen (Viola Davis).
For more information, visit Amazon.
- Mehmed Conquers Netflix - January 24, 2020
- More ‘Mysteries’ on Acorn TV - January 24, 2020
- All Arts’ Holocaust Drama - January 23, 2020
- Hulu Gets More ‘Shrill’ - January 22, 2020
- Netflix’s Last Roundup - January 21, 2020
- ‘AfroPop’ Season 12 - January 20, 2020
- Ovid Films En Español - January 17, 2020
- Inner City Rugby Drama - January 16, 2020
- Acorn TV Gets ‘Dead Lucky’ - January 16, 2020
- ‘Dead Lands’ Thriller - January 15, 2020