Fictionalized phishers take the spotlight in Jamtara – Sabka Number Ayega, a 10-episode crime drama debuting today on Netflix.
Based on a true incidents, the series centers on two cousins who run a successful phishing scam from the small village of Jamtara: a real place in the real Indian state of Jharkhand, which Netflix notes is India’s phishing capital.
“Jamtara – Sabka Number Ayega will make you think twice before you answer an unknown phone number and help you realize that this can happen to you too,” noted Netflix.
The series is directed by Soumendra Padhi, who won an Indian National Film Award in the Children’s category for 2016’s Budhia Singh: Born to Run, also available on Netflix. It’s about a judo trainer who adopts a boy from the slums and grooms him into the world’s youngest marathon runner.
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021