Fictionalized phishers take the spotlight in Jamtara – Sabka Number Ayega, a 10-episode crime drama debuting today on Netflix.
Based on a true incidents, the series centers on two cousins who run a successful phishing scam from the small village of Jamtara: a real place in the real Indian state of Jharkhand, which Netflix notes is India’s phishing capital.
“Jamtara – Sabka Number Ayega will make you think twice before you answer an unknown phone number and help you realize that this can happen to you too,” noted Netflix.
The series is directed by Soumendra Padhi, who won an Indian National Film Award in the Children’s category for 2016’s Budhia Singh: Born to Run, also available on Netflix. It’s about a judo trainer who adopts a boy from the slums and grooms him into the world’s youngest marathon runner.
- Norwegian Drama Duo - July 19, 2021
- Chelsea Stardust Playlist - July 15, 2021
- ‘Schmigadoon!’/’Brigadoon’ - July 14, 2021
- Goode, Rhys, West, Purefoy - July 13, 2021
- Watch ‘Trick of the Witch’ - July 9, 2021
- Aristophanes’ ‘The Frogs’ - July 8, 2021
- JustWatch June Leaders - July 6, 2021
- ‘The Beast Must Die’ - July 2, 2021
- Netflix’s Beautiful Lover - July 1, 2021
- Somos.: Fact-Based Massacre - June 30, 2021