(Above: Tess Romero in ‘Diary of a Future President.’ Source: YouTube video)
Diary of a Future President, a 10-episode family comedy, starts campaigning for viewers on Disney+ next Friday, January 17.
Elena Cañero-Reed (Tess Romero) plays a 12-year-old Cuban American girl who aspires to become president of the United States. Although great things await, Elena writes in her diary about the pressures of adolescence. The series intercuts her daily youthful trials and tribulations with glimpses of an adult Elena (Jane the Virgin‘s Gina Rodriguez) 28 years later on the campaign trail – and in the Oval Office.
The cast also includes Charlie Bushnell as Elena’s older brother Bobby; Selenis Leyva as Gabi, Elena’s lawyer-mother; and Michael Weaver as Sam Faber, her mother’s co-worker and boyfriend.
Disney+, which launched in November, costs $6.99 a month or $69.99 annually. A combo plan, $12.99 a month, consists of Disney+, Hulu and ESPN+.
- Pro Bono Court TV - March 27, 2020
- Factory’s Quarantine Comedy - March 27, 2020
- Matthews’ Home Concert - March 26, 2020
- ‘Ozark’ Family Business - March 26, 2020
- Lampooning Woke Culture - March 25, 2020
- Socially Distanced Movies - March 24, 2020
- A Night at the Opera - March 23, 2020
- A Day at the Aquarium - March 23, 2020
- DIY Late-Night Shows - March 20, 2020
- The Misinformation Pandemic - March 19, 2020