(Above: Tess Romero in ‘Diary of a Future President.’ Source: YouTube video)
Diary of a Future President, a 10-episode family comedy, starts campaigning for viewers on Disney+ next Friday, January 17.
Elena Cañero-Reed (Tess Romero) plays a 12-year-old Cuban American girl who aspires to become president of the United States. Although great things await, Elena writes in her diary about the pressures of adolescence. The series intercuts her daily youthful trials and tribulations with glimpses of an adult Elena (Jane the Virgin‘s Gina Rodriguez) 28 years later on the campaign trail – and in the Oval Office.
The cast also includes Charlie Bushnell as Elena’s older brother Bobby; Selenis Leyva as Gabi, Elena’s lawyer-mother; and Michael Weaver as Sam Faber, her mother’s co-worker and boyfriend.
Disney+, which launched in November, costs $6.99 a month or $69.99 annually. A combo plan, $12.99 a month, consists of Disney+, Hulu and ESPN+.
- ‘Dead’ Profiles and More - July 14, 2021
- Kratts, Dogs, Wild Museums - July 12, 2021
- Troubled in Paradise - July 9, 2021
- More U.S. Viewers Cut the Cord - July 7, 2021
- Binge July 4th TV - July 2, 2021
- Binge ‘Hamilton’ and More - July 1, 2021
- ‘Twilight Zone’ Holiday - June 30, 2021
- ‘Innocent’ Anthology Returns - June 23, 2021
- South Asian Streamer Launches - June 21, 2021
- Apple TV+ Gets ‘Physical’ - June 16, 2021