(Above: Tess Romero in ‘Diary of a Future President.’ Source: YouTube video)
Diary of a Future President, a 10-episode family comedy, starts campaigning for viewers on Disney+ next Friday, January 17.
Elena Cañero-Reed (Tess Romero) plays a 12-year-old Cuban American girl who aspires to become president of the United States. Although great things await, Elena writes in her diary about the pressures of adolescence. The series intercuts her daily youthful trials and tribulations with glimpses of an adult Elena (Jane the Virgin‘s Gina Rodriguez) 28 years later on the campaign trail – and in the Oval Office.
The cast also includes Charlie Bushnell as Elena’s older brother Bobby; Selenis Leyva as Gabi, Elena’s lawyer-mother; and Michael Weaver as Sam Faber, her mother’s co-worker and boyfriend.
Disney+, which launched in November, costs $6.99 a month or $69.99 annually. A combo plan, $12.99 a month, consists of Disney+, Hulu and ESPN+.
- Pluto TV En Español - May 5, 2021
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021
- Chicken, Statue on Peacock - April 21, 2021
- ‘Midsomer Murders’ Season 22 - April 19, 2021
- ‘Beverly Hillbillies’ Binge - April 16, 2021
- AMC+’s Cold War Thriller - April 14, 2021
- ‘Pray, Obey, Kill’ Docuseries - April 12, 2021