(Above: Tess Romero in ‘Diary of a Future President.’ Source: YouTube video)
Diary of a Future President, a 10-episode family comedy, starts campaigning for viewers on Disney+ next Friday, January 17.
Elena Cañero-Reed (Tess Romero) plays a 12-year-old Cuban American girl who aspires to become president of the United States. Although great things await, Elena writes in her diary about the pressures of adolescence. The series intercuts her daily youthful trials and tribulations with glimpses of an adult Elena (Jane the Virgin‘s Gina Rodriguez) 28 years later on the campaign trail – and in the Oval Office.
The cast also includes Charlie Bushnell as Elena’s older brother Bobby; Selenis Leyva as Gabi, Elena’s lawyer-mother; and Michael Weaver as Sam Faber, her mother’s co-worker and boyfriend.
Disney+, which launched in November, costs $6.99 a month or $69.99 annually. A combo plan, $12.99 a month, consists of Disney+, Hulu and ESPN+.
- Mehmed Conquers Netflix - January 24, 2020
- More ‘Mysteries’ on Acorn TV - January 24, 2020
- All Arts’ Holocaust Drama - January 23, 2020
- Hulu Gets More ‘Shrill’ - January 22, 2020
- Netflix’s Last Roundup - January 21, 2020
- ‘AfroPop’ Season 12 - January 20, 2020
- Ovid Films En Español - January 17, 2020
- Inner City Rugby Drama - January 16, 2020
- Acorn TV Gets ‘Dead Lucky’ - January 16, 2020
- ‘Dead Lands’ Thriller - January 15, 2020