(Above: Ralph Kramden, Fred Flintstone. Sources: Wikimedia Commons)
Were The Flintstones a rip-off of The Honeymooners, but animated, in color, and set in prehistoric times? Decide for yourself when MeTV, in a clever bit of scheduling, pairs the two shows starting this Sunday at 10 pm ET. The channel prefers to say that The Honeymooners “inspired” The Flintstones.
Judge for yourself as you watch Fred Flintstone and Barney Rubble, followed by Ralph Kramden and Ed Norton…and their wives Wilma and Betty, followed by Alice and Trixie.
Right here, meanwhile, you can see a classic bowling scene from The Flintstones, followed by a classic golfing scene from The Honeymooners.
MeTV will continue to air two episodes of The Flintstones weekdays at 6 pm.
The Flintstones ran six seasons (1960- 1966) on ABC for a total of 167 episodes. The Honeymooners ran one season (1955-1956) on CBS for a total of 39 episodes.
You can watch MeTV free over the air via an antenna connected to your TV set, as well as on many cable systems. To find your local channel number, visit MeTV’s Where to Watch page.
- Happy 85th, The Dalai Lama! - July 6, 2020
- Molière’s ‘Tartuffe’ - July 6, 2020
- Celebrating Carl Reiner - July 3, 2020
- Bluprint Gets New Life - July 2, 2020
- Free ‘Sounds of Summer’ - July 1, 2020
- A Zoom Chat About ‘Zoom’ - July 1, 2020
- Suzi Quatro, Hello Sister! - June 30, 2020
- ‘Unsolved Mysteries’ - June 29, 2020
- Daytime Emmys Break Mold - June 26, 2020
- Stream Spike Lee Tonight - June 25, 2020