(Above source: YouTube video)
Who is the greatest Jeopardy! champion of all time?
ABC intends to answer that question – or should we say question that answer – starting Tuesday, January 7, at 8 pm ET with a prime-time competition among the show’s three all-time biggest money-winners.
Alex Trebek (who else?) will host the multi-night contest of one-hour episodes (8 pm ET each night, but check your local station’s schedule). The first player to win three games will take first prize – $1 million – and the runners-up will receive $250,000 each.
The competitors are:
Ken Jennings – Jennings won $2,520,700 over a record 74 straight games, the longest streak in the show’s history. Including other appearances, his total Jeopardy! winnings amount to $3,370,700, according to the show’s producers.
Brad Rutter – Rutter is the highest money winner of all time across any TV game show, having won $4,688,436 on Jeopardy! He has never lost to a human opponent, according to Business Insider. (Fortunately for Rutter — as well as Jennings and Holzhauer — IBM’s Watson wasn’t invited to participate in next week’s tourney.)
James Holzhauer – The “all-in” champ holds the top 15 Jeopardy! single-day records and just won the 2019 Tournament of Champions. He has won $2,712,216 so far.
The competition schedule is as follows:
Tuesday, January 7
Wednesday, January 8
Thursday, January 9
Friday, January 10 (if necessary)
Tuesday, January 14 (if necessary)
Wednesday, January 15 (if necessary)
Thursday, January 16 (if necessary)
- Send the Kids to ‘Camp TV’ - July 10, 2020
- Grown-up Animation - July 9, 2020
- NY Times Documentary Series - July 9, 2020
- Public Domain Horror - July 7, 2020
- A Streamer with Giddy-Up - July 6, 2020
- Binge July 4th TV - July 3, 2020
- Binge ‘Hamilton’ and More - July 2, 2020
- ‘Twilight Zone’ Holiday - July 2, 2020
- Olivia de Havilland Turns 104 - July 1, 2020
- Sheltered Filmmaking - June 30, 2020