(Above: Eric Avari in ‘The Chosen.’ Source: VidAngel)
The Savvy Screener is counting down our most popular 2019 stories.
How appropriate that on Christmas Eve we tell you about our #4 article, “Jesus TV Series.” Having raised $10 million through an initial crowdfunding campaign, The Chosen introduced the first four of an eight-episode debut season last spring on VidAngel, a subscription service that filters streaming content to make it more family-friendly. A second season is in the works, which would make The Chosen, according to its producers, the first multi-season TV series about Jesus’ life.
We invite you to read the April 17 story… and we wish all of our readers a very Merry Christmas!
- Send the Kids to ‘Camp TV’ - July 10, 2020
- Grown-up Animation - July 9, 2020
- NY Times Documentary Series - July 9, 2020
- Public Domain Horror - July 7, 2020
- A Streamer with Giddy-Up - July 6, 2020
- Binge July 4th TV - July 3, 2020
- Binge ‘Hamilton’ and More - July 2, 2020
- ‘Twilight Zone’ Holiday - July 2, 2020
- Olivia de Havilland Turns 104 - July 1, 2020
- Sheltered Filmmaking - June 30, 2020