(Above: Eric Avari in ‘The Chosen.’ Source: VidAngel)
The Savvy Screener is counting down our most popular 2019 stories.
How appropriate that on Christmas Eve we tell you about our #4 article, “Jesus TV Series.” Having raised $10 million through an initial crowdfunding campaign, The Chosen introduced the first four of an eight-episode debut season last spring on VidAngel, a subscription service that filters streaming content to make it more family-friendly. A second season is in the works, which would make The Chosen, according to its producers, the first multi-season TV series about Jesus’ life.
We invite you to read the April 17 story… and we wish all of our readers a very Merry Christmas!
- ‘Dead’ Profiles and More - July 14, 2021
- Kratts, Dogs, Wild Museums - July 12, 2021
- Troubled in Paradise - July 9, 2021
- More U.S. Viewers Cut the Cord - July 7, 2021
- Binge July 4th TV - July 2, 2021
- Binge ‘Hamilton’ and More - July 1, 2021
- ‘Twilight Zone’ Holiday - June 30, 2021
- ‘Innocent’ Anthology Returns - June 23, 2021
- South Asian Streamer Launches - June 21, 2021
- Apple TV+ Gets ‘Physical’ - June 16, 2021