(Above: ‘Parkland: Inside Building 12.’ Source: YouTube video)
Starting today, The Savvy Screener will count down our most popular 2019 stories.
Our #5 article, about the documentary Parkland: Inside Building 12, was originally published on February 12. The film is a graphic account of the horrific February 14, 2018 shootings at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida.
Director Charlie Minn’s documentary tells how a teen-aged gunman massacred 17 students and staff members, and injured 17 others, in the deadliest school shooting in US history. It features interviews with students and teachers, reenactments, never-released crime-scene footage, and visual guides that show how the attack unfolded. It also explores ways such tragedies might be prevented in the future.
“Six minutes and 20 seconds. That’s all it took for a normal school day to become a national nightmare. For the survivors, for the victims, and for their loved ones, it’s a tragedy we must never forget – and we made this film in their honor,” said Minn.
“The survivors of Parkland have created a movement,” he added. “One year after Parkland, we hope this film can contribute to the grassroots movement that prompted students, faculty, and parents to seek real change.”
It is also available to borrow via Hoopla Digital, a free streamer available through public libraries in the US and Canada. To find out if your library participates, visit Hoopla Digital or contact your local branch.
- Videos for Generation Alpha - August 4, 2020
- Bloody Disgusting Streamer - August 3, 2020
- The Muppets Do Improv - July 31, 2020
- Decades ‘Odd Couple’ Binge - July 30, 2020
- Cubers’ Winning Friendship - July 29, 2020
- Jeffrey Epstein Story - July 28, 2020
- Brit Week on Hulu - July 27, 2020
- RIP, Olivia de Havilland - July 26, 2020
- This Web Series is ‘NC-16’ - July 24, 2020
- A Horrific Inheritance - July 23, 2020