What looks like a couple picking out a Christmas tree in the promotional photo above is, on second glance, two investigators at a crime scene. Wisting, debuting today on Sundance Now, does take place at Christmas time – but it’s a holiday season interrupted by a serial killer on the loose.
Set in a Norwegian winter landscape, the 10-episode bilingual series stars Sven Nordin (Elling) as homicide detective William Wisting. In the first five episodes, he’s tracking down an American serial killer with the help of FBI agents played by Carrie-Anne Moss (Jessica Jones, the Matrix trilogy) and Richie Campbell (Liar, Top Boy).
After today’s premiere, Sundance Channel will debut an episode on each subsequent Wednesday.
Wisting first ran earlier this year on Nordic subscription streamer Viaplay and on Norway’s TV3.
Sundance Now costs $6.99 monthly or $59.99annually after a seven-day free trial. It’s available on the web, as an Amazon Prime or Apple add-on channel, and via iOS,Android, Roku, Apple TV, Xbox One, Fire TV, and Chromecast. For more info,visit sundancenow.com.
- Bieber vs. Swift Again - January 24, 2020
- ‘My Grandfather’s Prayers’ - January 24, 2020
- MHz’s Mafia Musical - January 23, 2020
- ‘October Faction’ Debuts - January 23, 2020
- ‘Story Trek: Trending’ - January 22, 2020
- DMR’s Linear Launches - January 22, 2020
- OTA Lifestyle Changes - January 21, 2020
- Court & Crime Additions - January 21, 2020
- ‘Heroes’ on Motorsport.tv - January 17, 2020
- Turn on ‘Airplane Mode’ - January 16, 2020