(Photo source: Amazon)
Move over Bing Crosby and “White Christmas”! This decade, Mariah Carey’s “All I Want for Christmas is You” has reigned supreme on holiday playlists. Now, to celebrate the song’s 25th anniversary, Amazon Music has released an 11-minute documentary, Mariah Carey is Christmas: The Story of ‘All I Want for Christmas Is You.’
Amazon notes that “All I Want for Christmas is You” has spent 36 cumulative weeks at number one on Billboard’s holiday chart since 2011 – the highest of any song in history. Indeed, Billboard’s Senior Director of Charts Gary Trust offers commentary in the new documentary, along with the song’s producer Randy Jackson, Variety Executive Editor Shirley Halperin, backup singer Trey Lorenz, and Carey herself.
“All I Want for Christmas is You,” incidentally, has been the most streamed song on Amazon Music since Thanksgiving Day. The song was also Amazon Music’s most popular holiday single in the US in 2017 and 2018.
Amazon Prime subscribers get Amazon Music – with more than 2 million songs, including “All I Want for Christmas’ – as part of their subscriptions. Right now, though, you can also get four months of Amazon Music Unlimited – with more than 50 million songs – for 99 cents a month. After that, the service will cost the regular price of $7.99 a month. For more, visit amazon.com/music/unlimited.
And here is Mariah Carey’s official music video for “All I Want for Christmas is You,” with nearly 600 million views on YouTube:
- Bieber vs. Swift Again - January 24, 2020
- ‘My Grandfather’s Prayers’ - January 24, 2020
- MHz’s Mafia Musical - January 23, 2020
- ‘October Faction’ Debuts - January 23, 2020
- ‘Story Trek: Trending’ - January 22, 2020
- DMR’s Linear Launches - January 22, 2020
- OTA Lifestyle Changes - January 21, 2020
- Court & Crime Additions - January 21, 2020
- ‘Heroes’ on Motorsport.tv - January 17, 2020
- Turn on ‘Airplane Mode’ - January 16, 2020