(Photo: Bashir Salahuddin as Sherman McDaniels. Source: IFC)
Sherman’s Showcase, a parody of a fictional variety show that’s part Solid Gold, part Soul Train and part Laugh-In, is now on Hulu.
The eight-episode series, which ran this summer on IFC, starts with host John Legend (as himself) presenting a bio of Showcase creator Sherman McDaniels (Bashir Salahuddin) and the events leading to the show’s fictional launch in 1972.
Subsequent episodes feature music and clips from Showcase’s faux 45-year history. High and low points include showbiz feuds, pop-star discoveries, behind-the-scenes hookups and the show’s robotic dancer, the Funk-A-Tron 2000.
Guest stars include Andrew “King Bach” Bachelor, Common, Morris Day, Tiffany Haddish, Quincy Jones, Mike Judge, Ray Parker, Jr., Mario Van Peebles, Damon Wayans, Jr. and Marlon Wayans.
Sherman’s Showcase was created and written by Salahuddin and Diallo Riddle.
For more, visit Hulu.
You can also buy individual episodes to stream from Amazon, starting at $1.99.
- ‘Dead’ Profiles and More - July 14, 2021
- Kratts, Dogs, Wild Museums - July 12, 2021
- Troubled in Paradise - July 9, 2021
- More U.S. Viewers Cut the Cord - July 7, 2021
- Binge July 4th TV - July 2, 2021
- Binge ‘Hamilton’ and More - July 1, 2021
- ‘Twilight Zone’ Holiday - June 30, 2021
- ‘Innocent’ Anthology Returns - June 23, 2021
- South Asian Streamer Launches - June 21, 2021
- Apple TV+ Gets ‘Physical’ - June 16, 2021