(Photo courtesy PeaceJam)
If you only know the Dalai Lama as a spiritual leader, get ready to meet The Dalai Lama – Scientist!
This 90-minute bio doc, now available for $3.99 on Google Play and Vimeo, posits that the world has changed as a result of the 84-year-old’s teachings in such fields as cosmology, quantum physics, cognitive science, neuroscience, molecular biology, epigenetics…and the nature of consciousness itself.
The film features insights from the Dalai Lama himself, plus interviews with such scientists as Nobel Prize winners Steven Chu and Yuan T. Lee.
Dalai Lama: Scientist was produced by the PeaceJam Foundation, whose 14 Nobel Peace Peace Prize-winning members include the Dalai Lama and five others who have previously been subjects of films in PeaceJam’s “Nobel Legacy Film Series”: Bishop Desmond Tutu (Children of the Light), Betty Williams (Contagious Courage), Oscar Arius (Without a Shot Fired), Rigoberta Menchú (Daughter of the Maya) and Adolfo Pérez Esquivel (Rivers of Hope). All five can be streamed by Amazon Prime subscribers, some can be streamed free on Kanopy if you’re a member of a participating library, and all are available to rent from a variety of sources. Visit peacejam.org/films for more info.
Distributor Gravitas Films said Dalai Lama: Scientist will also be available through additional outlets come spring, including Amazon, iTunes, Vudu and YouTube.
- 1st Play Written by a Robot - February 25, 2021
- Tom and Jerry are Back - February 25, 2021
- Billie Eilish Launch Event - February 24, 2021
- BBC Select Launches - February 22, 2021
- ‘It’s a Sin’ on HBO Max - February 18, 2021
- Murder Hornets & Vaccines - February 17, 2021
- Prime’s New Musical Coda - February 16, 2021
- A Mini-‘Friends’ Reunion? - February 12, 2021
- ‘Safer Sex’ on Condom Day - February 12, 2021
- Relax through Streaming - February 11, 2021