(Above: Joe Bob Briggs. Source: YouTube video)
Texan and B-movie aficionado Joe Bob Briggs will shepherd another holiday movie marathon over subscription streamer Shudder on Friday the 13th starting at 9 pm ET. It will then be available on demand later in the month.
Joe Bob’s Red Christmas promises to be a holiday triple feature of “the cult, the classic and the bizarre.”
What films will Joe Bob show? That’s part of the Christmas surprise. But you can expect Briggs, described as “America’s Foremost Drive-In Movie Critic,” to serve up gory fare with a side order of camp and wit.
“Every Christmas we try to get that perfect mix of movies the whole family can watch, plus movies that will cause every family member except dedicated horror fiends to run screaming from the room. That’s because we realize that Christmas celebrations can go either way,” said Briggs.
The Last Drive-In with Joe Bob Briggs started on Shudder in July 2018 as a one-off 13-movie marathon. He then returned with two four-film specials: Thanksgiving Day 2018’s Dinners of Death and last December’s A Very Joe Bob Xmas. Then, in March 2019, he got his own nine-week season of The Last Drive-In Friday night double features. That show will have a second season sometime in 2020.
Although we couldn’t find a trailer for Red Christmas, we did find this for last year’s Xmas marathon:
Shudder costs $5.99 a month or $56.99 annually ($4.75 a month). Each option includes a seven-day free trial. For more info, including devices, visit shudder.com.
- All Arts’ Holocaust Drama - January 23, 2020
- Hulu Gets More ‘Shrill’ - January 22, 2020
- Netflix’s Last Roundup - January 21, 2020
- ‘AfroPop’ Season 12 - January 20, 2020
- Ovid Films En Español - January 17, 2020
- Inner City Rugby Drama - January 16, 2020
- Acorn TV Gets ‘Dead Lucky’ - January 16, 2020
- ‘Dead Lands’ Thriller - January 15, 2020
- ‘Little America,’ Big Debut - January 14, 2020
- The History of Gaming - January 14, 2020