(Above: Jonathan Braylock in ‘Astronomy Club.’ Source: YouTube video)
Astronomy Club: The Sketch Show, a series from Blackish creator Kenya Barris and Dan Powell, will debut Friday, December 6, on Netflix.
Established in 2014, Astronomy Club, a New York-based improv and sketch group, focuses on the black experience, lampooning a range of social issues from dating in the internet age to gender and race relations.
The Astronomy Club cast includes Shawtane Bowen, Jonathan Braylock, Ray Cordova, Caroline Martin, Jerah Milligan, Monique Moses, Keisha Zollar and James III. According to their website, they were the first all-black house team at the Upright Citizen Brigade Theatre.
The group also produced a short series of episodes in 2018 for Comedy Central.
For more information, visit Netflix.
You can watch one sketch from the Netflix show, “Magical Negro Rehab,” right here:
- ‘Dead’ Profiles and More - July 14, 2021
- Kratts, Dogs, Wild Museums - July 12, 2021
- Troubled in Paradise - July 9, 2021
- More U.S. Viewers Cut the Cord - July 7, 2021
- Binge July 4th TV - July 2, 2021
- Binge ‘Hamilton’ and More - July 1, 2021
- ‘Twilight Zone’ Holiday - June 30, 2021
- ‘Innocent’ Anthology Returns - June 23, 2021
- South Asian Streamer Launches - June 21, 2021
- Apple TV+ Gets ‘Physical’ - June 16, 2021