(Photo: Kate Elliot and Ido Drent in ‘The Gulf.’ Source: Sundance Now)
‘The Gulf’ Comes to Sundance Now
A police detective and her husband are in a not-accidental car crash. He dies, she loses parts of her memory. She continues investigating cases, including her husband’s murder. She begins recovering her memory and gets increasingly paranoid as the truth of what really happened starts to set in. She also fights a morphine addiction.
The action, incidentally, takes place on Waiheke Island, a real locale in New Zealand’s Hauraki Gulf. But we’re sure the show’s title has a double meaning.
The Gulf first ran earlier this year on New Zealand’s Three channel. Sundance Now will drop one episode for six Wednesdays from December 4 through January 8.
Sundance Now costs $6.99 monthly or $59.99 annually after a seven-day free trial. It’s available on the web, as an Amazon Prime or Apple add-on channel, and via iOS, Android, Roku, Apple TV, Xbox One, Fire TV, and Chromecast. For more info, visit sundancenow.com.
- ‘Heroes’ on Motorsport.tv - January 17, 2020
- Turn on ‘Airplane Mode’ - January 16, 2020
- Grace, Frankie, Sex Ed - January 15, 2020
- MHZ Shuts Down Worldview - January 15, 2020
- Lassie, Magoo & George - January 14, 2020
- Is Kipo a Keeper? - January 13, 2020
- Why Watch Watcher? - January 13, 2020
- Netflix Goes Phishing - January 10, 2020
- RIP Kookie - January 10, 2020
- CW Seed’s Free Brit Shows - January 9, 2020