(Above source: PBS Kids)
A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood, the biopic about beloved children’s television show host Fred Rogers (played by Tom Hanks) debuts today in theaters across the US. It currently ranks 97% on the Tomatometer.
Naturally, the movie is generating renewed interest in Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood, the series that ran on PBS from 1968 to 2001. If you’re among those wishing to relive the unique chemistry of that program – or want to introduce Mr. Rogers to a new generation of young viewers, here are a few streaming options.
Amazon Prime’s PBS Kids add-on channel. costing $4.99 a month after a seven-day trial, has episodes from 1979 through 2001. In addition, you can buy some episodes starting at $1.99 from YouTube, Google Play and iTunes.
Finally, you can watch a limited number of Mister Rogers shows for free at pbskids.org.
Classic episodes include visits from Bill Nye the Science Guy, Koko the Gorilla, The Wicked Witch of the West (Margaret Hamilton), The Incredible Hulk (Lou Ferrigno) and Bruce Banner (Bill Bixby), cellist Yo-Yo Ma, and even Captain Kangaroo (Bob Keeshan).
If you’re looking to delve further into Mr. Rogers, the 2018 documentary Won’t You Be My Neighbor? explores what made the show and its host so special in the world of kids television. You can watch that film with HBO Now, which costs $14.99 monthly after a seven-day free trial; or buy it starting at $7.99 from FandangoNow and other services.
- Pluto TV En Español - May 5, 2021
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021
- Chicken, Statue on Peacock - April 21, 2021
- ‘Midsomer Murders’ Season 22 - April 19, 2021
- ‘Beverly Hillbillies’ Binge - April 16, 2021
- AMC+’s Cold War Thriller - April 14, 2021
- ‘Pray, Obey, Kill’ Docuseries - April 12, 2021