(Photo: BFFs Tara and Amy. Source: IMDb)
Ghost BFF, a short-form dark comedy/fantasy that tackles themes of mental illness and depression, dropped its first 11-episode season yesterday on distributor Shaftesbury’s KindaTV YouTube channel. Production on season two is already underway.
The first season has also been streaming free since March, 2018, on WhoHaha, co-founded by actress/director/producer Elizabeth Banks.
Here’s episode one:
Ghost BFF stars its writer/creator Vanessa Matsui as Amy, who travels “across space, time and the suburbs” with her best friend — and suicide victim — Tara (Kaniehtiio Horn). Together they “struggle to find themselves and right past wrongs.”
Season two, consisting of eight five-minute episodes, will again launch in the US over WhoHaHa, and on KindaTV in Canada. The series is produced by Toronto-based Babe Nation Films.
“My hope is that Ghost BFF season two makes you want to hold your best friend close, be gentle with yourself, and if you have been affected by suicide, make you feel a little less alone,” said Matsui.
Premiere date for season two has not been announced.
- Norwegian Drama Duo - July 19, 2021
- Chelsea Stardust Playlist - July 15, 2021
- ‘Schmigadoon!’/’Brigadoon’ - July 14, 2021
- Goode, Rhys, West, Purefoy - July 13, 2021
- Watch ‘Trick of the Witch’ - July 9, 2021
- Aristophanes’ ‘The Frogs’ - July 8, 2021
- JustWatch June Leaders - July 6, 2021
- ‘The Beast Must Die’ - July 2, 2021
- Netflix’s Beautiful Lover - July 1, 2021
- Somos.: Fact-Based Massacre - June 30, 2021