(Photo: Molly Windsor and Katherine Kelly in ‘Cheat,’ courtesy Sundance Now)
Craving female cat-and-mouse psychological drama, but can’t wait for the return of Killing Eve?
Why not give Cheat a try?
This four-part psychological thriller, debuting Thursday on subscription streamer Sundance Now, finds two women spiraling out of control in an academic setting rather than from international espionage. Katherine Kelly (The Night Manager, Mr Selfridge) plays a university lecturer and Molly Windsor (The Runaways, Three Girls) is a college senior who submits a suspiciously top-grade essay.
Cheat first ran earlier this year on the UK’s ITV. Sundance Now will drop one episode for four Thursdays starting November 21.
Cheat also stars Tom Goodman-Hill (Humans, The Imitation Game), Peter Firth (Victoria) and Burn Gorman (And Then There Were None). All episodes were directed by Louis Hooper (Stan Lee’s Lucky Man) and written by Gaby Hull.
Sundance Now costs $6.99 monthly or $59.99 annually after a seven-day free trial. It’s available on the web, as an Amazon Prime or Apple add-on channel, and via iOS, Android, Roku, Apple TV, Xbox One, Fire TV, and Chromecast. For more info, visit sundancenow.com.
- Norwegian Drama Duo - July 19, 2021
- Chelsea Stardust Playlist - July 15, 2021
- ‘Schmigadoon!’/’Brigadoon’ - July 14, 2021
- Goode, Rhys, West, Purefoy - July 13, 2021
- Watch ‘Trick of the Witch’ - July 9, 2021
- Aristophanes’ ‘The Frogs’ - July 8, 2021
- JustWatch June Leaders - July 6, 2021
- ‘The Beast Must Die’ - July 2, 2021
- Netflix’s Beautiful Lover - July 1, 2021
- Somos.: Fact-Based Massacre - June 30, 2021