(Above: ‘Cult-Tastic.’ Source: YouTube video)
Cult-tastic: Tales From The Trenches with Roger and Julie Corman, a13-episode docu-series, debuts today, November 15, on Shout Factory TV’s Amazon Prime and Roku Channel subscription service.
In the series, legendary B-movie maven Roger Corman and Julie Corman, his wife and fellow producer, discuss their bare-bones production philosophy and their collaborations with such directors and stars as James Cameron, Joe Dante, Penelope Spheeris and Pam Grier.
In the following clip, Corman talks about removing a nude scene from Dante’s Piranha (1978):
Speaking of Corman and Dante, they’re both featured in new segments of The Film Detective’s free series, Trailers from Hell.
Dante, one of the founders of the 12-year-old Trailers from Hell, provides commentary on such trailers as Corman’s The Little Shop of Horrors (1960) while Corman talks about his own films like Ski Troop Attack (1960).
Incidentally, you can also see director John Landis commenting on the trailer for The Brain That Wouldn’t Die (1962). That cult favorite stars Virginia Leith, who passed away this week at age 94.
All three of the films just mentioned are also available in their entirety on The Film Detective, which is accessible for free with ads, or ad-free for 3.99/month or $34.99/year after a 14-day free trial. Visit thefilmdetective.com for more info.
- Hulu’s Noirish ‘Reprisal’ - December 4, 2019
- Bluprint ‘Runway’ Tie-In - December 4, 2019
- Tech Classics on YouTube - December 3, 2019
- A Kiwi Crime Thriller - December 3, 2019
- ‘One Day at Disney’ - December 2, 2019
- Binge Bing, Black Friday - November 29, 2019
- ‘Alice’s Restaurant’ - November 27, 2019
- Stream ‘Turkeys Away’ - November 26, 2019
- ‘The New Nurses’ on MHz - November 25, 2019
- Dove’s Holiday Classics - November 22, 2019